Part 17 : The Danger Ahead

Shakuni went to Maharaj Dhritarashtra...

Shakuni : Maharaj, I heard that you need to go to Varnavat to collect the revenues?

Dhritarashtra : Yes Shakuni... What you heard is absolutely right... I need to go there to collect the revenue...

Shakuni : Maharaj, don't you think the crown prince should indulge himself in these administrative works too? He too needs to learn all these to become a successful king...

Dhritarashtra : I totally understand your point Shakuni... Fine... After the ceremony, I'll ask Yudhishtir to go to Varnavat to collect the revenue in my place... In that way he will learn to deal with his subjects too and would learn the process too...

Shakuni : I'm happy with your decision Maharaj...

Duryodhan who was standing there quietly couldn't understand why his Mamashri wanted to send Pandavas to Varnavat...

As they both left, Duryodhan couldn't stop himself from questioning him...

Duryodhan : Mamashri... Will you please elaborate your plans?

Shakuni : I'll son... Listen... The crown prince will go to Varnavat to collect the land revenue for the king... But the place doesn't have any arrangements for stay over...

We'll convince the Pandavas to go there... And ask to arrange a comfortable stay for them in Varnavat...

Duryodhan : Mamashri... Why will we arrange their comfortable stay? They should rot in hell...

Shakuni : My son... The palace where they will stay will be made up of inflammable materials... We will burn them alive... The subjects too won't understand as it will seem like an accident though it will be all planned... With this plan, we'll remove the thrones in your path to achieve the royal throne...

As our plan will succeed, the throne would be left without any descendant... And since the eldest would be you, You'll get the throne...

Duryodhan : Fantastic Mamashri... Your plan is awesome... Finally my enemies will die...

Shakuni : But for the plan to succeed, you should show that you're happy with Yudhishtir's coronation... If you show any symptoms of anger, the plan may backfire...

Duryodhan : Mamashri, shall we inform the planners and masons about this?
It would need time for the construction...

Shakuni : Yeah... Inform Purochan... He's a loyal and trusted person... He can do the work...

Duryodhan : As you wish Mamashri...

With the devious plot in their mind, Duryodhan smiled in relief... He now could dream of ruling Hastinapur...

Within 4 days, the arrangements were finally ready... In these 4 days, the Pandavas enjoyed themselves in the luxury... They heard that Yudhishtir's presence was needed for some administrative purpose in Varnavat and he had to go there for the same...

The brothers didn't want to leave Yudhishtir alone as Duryodhan couldn't be trusted... So they decided to accompany him... Mata Kunti too thought that a change in weather would help her, decided to accompany her sons...