Part 6 : The Unfortunate Encounter

Finally the day came when the 105 sons were to go to Dronacharya's Ashram for their learning...

The learning process is of 12yrs... And within this time, the Kshatriyas learn how to become great warriors... They learn how to arrange a whole army and become army chief or how to handle all weapons properly and with perfection...

This course decides the fate of a warrior... How much would be his warrior skills and how much would be his conquering power and how will he be treated for the rest of his life...

The Pandavas and Kauravas went to the Ashram of Dronacharya leaving all their luxuries and pomp...

While leaving their kingdom Arjun pacified his crying mother saying he will return back to be a great warrior...

When the Pandavas reached the Ashram with Karna, they all went to Dronacharya to persuade him to accept Karna

Arjun : Pranipat Gurudev...

Dronacharya : Arjun... Come son... I was waiting for you... Meet Ashwatthama... My son... And son meet Arjun... One of my disciple...

Arjun (greeting Ashwatthama) : Pranipat Guru putra...

Dronacharya : Ok Ashwatthama take him with you to the place set for them for rest and stuffs...

Arjun : Gurudev, I need a favor from you...

Dronacharya : Go on son... Tell me what do you need...

Arjun : Gurudev... He is Karna... An elder brother of mine... He too is interested in learning from you... Gurudev please grant him permission to stay here...

Dronacharya : Karna... Who are you?

Karna : I am the son of Radha and Adhirath, the charioteer of Mahamahim Bhishma...

Dronacharya : Charioteer... You mean Sut putra??? How dare you to talk about learning warrior skills and high level of techniques meant only for higher caste?
And Arjun, Son, you said he is your elder brother... How can you regard a Sut Putra as your elder brother?? You are disgracing your Kuru clan and all the Kshatriya kul...

Arjun : But Gurudev... Relation isn't created keeping in mind the caste differences... Also learning isn't limited to few people... Everyone in this universe has full rights to learn from anywhere they wish... Also brother relationship is very pure... It doesn't take caste or religion difference into consideration...

Yudhishtir : We didn't knew Gurudev that your thinking would be like this... If your thinking is like this, how can you teach us to not to be biased in judgement?

Dronacharya : Whatever you think but I can't consider him as my student... He is a Sut and lower castes aren't allowed the permission to gain knowledge about everything....

Arjun : If Karna wouldn't be allowed here, we won't stay here too... We would take teaching from whatever Gurudev who allows him to gain knowledge... We don't need to stay in a place where our elder brother doesn't have any respect...

Karna (To Arjun, Aside) : No Arjun... You need to stay here and learn everything he has to offer... Remember one thing... You need to learn everything... Be his favourite student and gain every knowledge from him... That's the only way with which you can make him weak... He doesn't like me but he loves you... You should take this advantage and learn more... He knows many things... He was the student of Bhagwan Parashuram... If you can get his entire knowledge, you will be a known warrior of this era...

Arjun : As you wish bhrata... I will surely learn everything and make you all proud of me...

Dronacharya : Arjun... He isn't worthy of you leaving the Ashram... Understand my point son... I will make you the greatest and renowned archer of this era... Also you will be known for all your warrior skills...

Arjun : I understand Gurudev...

Karna : I'm going now... But I will surely return and be a warrior... I will learn from the Him who taught you... And will definitely crush your pride... Bye bhratas... Will meet yoh again after 12 yrs... Take care of yourself and your brothers too...

Arjun : Bye bhrata... Stay safe and come back with all the knowledge...

Karna : I will... Soon...

Within this period however, Duryodhan, who was seeing Arjun arguing over a sut had mocked the Pandavas saying they are a disgrace and also mocked Dronacharya for having a soft corner for Arjun... Karna who saw all these knew that Duryodhan wasn't a good prince and was after Pandavas... He wanted to stay... But also wanted to gain knowledge and prove Dronacharya wrong that only higher castes had the right to learn...

A leap of 12 years

Finally the time came when the 105 brothers were set to put the world on fire... Finally they became great warriors and learnt all that was to be learned or known... In these years, Arjun became the favourite disciple of Dronacharya... And Dronacharya had proudly given him every nook of the knowledge he knew... He was very proud of the way Arjun used to grasp his knowledge... He also was partial to the others for him.... Some knowledges were exclusively provided to him... His son too wasn't allowed a share in all those knowledges... Though Arjun was the best among all other disciples, He wasn't arrogant... He was down to earth as he knew a warrior better than him was there... He learnt everything properly and perfectly just make his family proud... He knew how much Karna loved Archery and with each skill he learnt, he just felt a dire urge to teach Karna everything perfectly if in case he wasn't able to get these skills... He also developed a perfect skill in handling other weapons... He knew how to release arrows from both hands simultaneously and his arrows never missed his target, be it during day or at night....

Dronacharya wanted to arrange a competition of the Kuru Princes in Hastinapur which would prove how great he had trained all of them...

On the other hand Karna went to Bhagwan Parashuram... And though he knew he would be refused there too as he belonged to lower caste, he told Bhagwan the truth about his identity... Bhagwan Parashuram who didn't had partiality among higher and lower castes provided him with every knowledge He had... Though sometimes he would have a hard time believing he was a Sut, he wouldn't question him about it...

One fine day after his completion of training, Lord Surya Narayan came to Bhagwan Parashuram and revealed Karna's identity to him... He also told him that it isn't known to Karna but it will be revealed soon...
Bhagwan Parashuram who already had a doubt on Karna's identity got to know about his complete truth... Lord Surya Narayan also went towards Karna and gave him a boon that the Kavach and Kundal that he received from him was his own body part and can't be given to anyone as 'Daan' knowing about his generosity of giving away everything that a person wants from him...

Let's see what happens when all of them would meet in the competition held at Hastinapur... Will Karna's identity be revealed to the Pandavas? Or they still had time knowing that they were real brothers? Tune in for the next part...