Part 14 : The Impact Of War On Minds & Hearts

After Arjun promised to avenge the insult of Gurudev, he left the hall to prepare for the war and its strategy...

As soon as the news of the war went to Subhadra, she started getting anxious for Arjun... Though she knew that he was a mighty warrior and skilled too, she knew about the impacts of war... Also this was the first war for them and many things can happen to them as they were fighting against another mighty warrior who was too experienced in war skills and knew how to tackle his enemies...

Subhadra getting anxious thinking about Arjun finally decided to meet him and decrease the anxiety to a certain level at the least...

As she went towards the garden, she saw Arjun concentrating on something...

She went to him and asked him the thing that was disturbing her the most

Subhadra : Pranipat Prince Arjun...😄

Arjun (looking towards the guards) : Parihar... 🥱

As the guards went away, Subhadra came close to him...

Subhadra : What was the need to go to the war?🙄

Arjun : It was needed dear... I want to avenge the insult of Gurudev... It would make me release from the debt that was on my head...🤧

Subhadra : What debt Prince?😮

Arjun : It was the incident when I was a child... I was attached to Jyesth bhrata Karna without knowing that he was really my eldest... We all knew him and liked staying with him but we didn't knew that the others knew about Karna too... As the time came for us to leave for the Ashram, we requested him to come with us there... He agreed too... But Gurudev insulted him... He insulted my big brother, my best friend, the one who fulfilled all my wishes - be it big or small... The one whom I worshipped... He was like a mentor to me... As he was a sutputra how he can't get the right to get educated? But that was his say...

We requested him but he didn't budge... He even took away the innocent Ekalavya's right thumb just because he came in the way of his promise that he gave to me... I wanted to be an archer infact skilled archer but he wanted to make me the world's greatest archer... He promised me so... But I knew I can't be that as Jyesth bhrata Karna was the one who was more skilled and better than me...

I don't have any problem with that too... I just wanted to make everyone proud of me... But he... He insulted two people just for his words... As he gave me everything he had and taught me everything I know now, I'm indebted to him and I really wanted to get myself released from this debt... So by paying his wishes a tribute, I promised him to go to the war... This war would give me the release from being his student...