Chapter 78: Bustling (Part 1, 2 & 3)

Start from the beginning

Now that all the nine sons had grown up, even though the position of the Crown Prince had been established, but all of the other forces did not curb. Emperor Wen Hui was still present and could maintain the balance in it, but there would be a day that this enormous dragon will get old and at that time, one was afraid that it would be another reign of terror because of the Imperial family of Ming Qi that had already begin to stir.

Between the Prince Zhuo's faction, Prince Li's faction and Crown Prince's faction, the Crown Prince's faction looked as though its power were the greatest, but the Crown Prince's health was weak and Emperor Wen Hui would not allow a weak son to sit on the throne. So the Crown Prince's ability to influence was actually following along and could not be considered as in vain. If his health suffered, then it would only benefit Prince Xuan and Prince Chu. In Prince Li faction, because there were more people, there was also a larger ability to influence. In the hundreds of officials, there were many who were secretly under his wing. Even though the brothers, Prince Zhuo and Prince Jing, were not as legitimate as the Crown Prince and their influence was not as great as Prince Li, but they had a mother that had much of the Emperor's favour, Consort Xu Xian and the Xu family was considered a strong support.

Prince Kai was the remaining one who was not taken into consideration. With regards to influences, it was like a joke to fight alone. With regards to background, his birth mother Consort Dong Shu was very low-key and if she had not give birth to Fu Jong Kai, she would not be sitting in the position of the four consorts. Even though Fu Jong Kai was outstanding and modest, there was a limit to a person's strength thus people did not think highly of him. Although Fu Jong Kai performed that he was not interested in the fight for the heir position, in this deep dark palace, it was necessary to have a defensive heart so his brothers were still keeping an eye on him.

But the womenfolk did not see him as profoundly as men. The young females that were present were secretly checking out Fu Jong Kai's handsome face and whispered with blushing faces.

In all fairness, the Fu family members all have good looks and Fu Jong Kai was the most outstanding in this regard among the nine princes. The Imperial family gave him an extraordinary air and he always had an indifferent attitude but did not have an aloof air nor did he raise his chin up to heavens. For the young females, this kind of 'cordial' and 'exceptional' male was covered with elegance.

"His Highness Prince Kai is indeed too handsome." A young female's muttering was heard. Jennie turned over and just observed that Feng Roseanne had come over to her side and laughed before putting on a serious face, "Since you have already arrived, why did you not come over to look for me and put up the air of a high and mighty lady, so as to make me look for you?"

Jennie was unable to fathom her words. Jennie had some frustration as to why and when did this high and mighty young lady, Feng Roseanne, begun to stick to her like a milk sweet. She did not even know when did Roseanne turn around her attitude towards her. Jennie was after all not a true budding young beauty, and she was unable to be intimate with Roseanne like peers could be. Even so, she was unprepared to accept other's goodwill so she did not know how to deal with Roseanne. Finally she shook her head and found an excuse, "I did not see you."

Jennie naturally did not know that if it was the former her, Roseanne would definitely not take an additional look, but the current Jennie was the Empress who was bathed in the bloody rain and wind in the Inner Palace of Ming Qi, and people would have a kind of feeling to worship and follow others that were stronger than oneself. Roseanne could faintly sense that Jennie had a strong heart and naturally unconsciously followed her.