Chapter Twelve ㅡ Twitter Drama Yet Again.

''Kiss me. ''

The moment those words were rolled off Minho's tongue, Seungmin felt an increasing sense of discomfort and worry. Seungmin felt a surge of unease after the words struck a nerve. The source of this reaction was unclear, but it was evident that something about the situation was not right.

No matter how much of a dumb guy Minho is, he definitely should understand that joking about something like this was way out of the limits. Today, Minho's jokes had officially crossed the line.

''Hyung...'' Seungmin whispered sadly. ''Don't kid with me...''

''I'm not, Seungmin. '' Minho answered, the sincerity was evident in his voice.

From Seungmin's perspective, there was absolutely no way Minho was not kidding. From flirting with Stays to almost making out with Jisung, it was always a joke to Minho.

A joke to play with his feelings.

Seungmin thought; they weren't even that close to joke with each other like that. Hyunjin and Minho... Jisung and Minho... literally everyone else but Seungmin was the closest to Minho. And Seungmin thought of himself as stupid, stupid to believe in Minho's words when he said that he wasn't joking.

''H-hyung... we're friends...'' He mumbled and the tears were threatening to fall.

No, it wasn't true. In Seungmin's eyes, there was no way they could be friends.

But in Minho's eyes, there was no way they could be just friends.

For Seungmin, Minho was a distant association. Their relationship was handing on a thin thread with loosened knots at the end. Friends aren't like that.
Friends are like Minho and Jisung. They're always happy together.
Friends are like Minho and Hyunjin. They're always bickering together.
Friends are like Minho and Felix. They always take care of each other.
Friends are like Minho and Chan. They always have each other's back.
Friends are like Minho and Jeongin. They always support each other.
Friends are like Minho and Changbin. They always look out for each other.

Friends aren't like Minho and Seungmin, who are just... nothing.

Seungmin found his heart racing all way up to his guts. He had a strong sense of anxiety wash over him as all the negative thoughts consumed his mind, so he loosened his arms around the older's neck, trying to let go.

Minho's eyes softened at the latter's voice. He tightened his grip around Seungmin's waist and pulled him even closer. Now, their face was merely a centimetre apart.

''There is no way we could be just friends, Seungmin...'' He spoke under his breath, gazing at the latter with gentle eyes who had tears running all over his face.

Seungmin shook his head and sniffed hard, wiping away the tears. ''No, hyung... you hate me... you don't like me, you--''

''Who said I hate you, Seungmo?'' Minho asked him yet again with a small, sweet smile. He tilted his head to the side and wiped the younger tears away, rubbing his back to calm him down.

''I love you, Seungmin... I love you so fucking much, baby, I could die for you...'' He stated under his breath and Seungmin hiccuped, his tears now having come to a stop.

''Do you really...?''

Minho chuckled and joined his forehead with his baby's. ''I do, Seungmin. I do! I'm sorry for being an asshole, baby. I was really unsure of my feelings back then, but now... not anymore...''

Hearing those words from Minho sent a warm feeling in his body, his heart swelled up from all the sweetness and was refraining from bursting into tears again. He took a deep breath and gave the older a small smile.