Break Out

Edit: Alright, I'm sorry I don't have the original characters here just yet, but there is a lot going on in this chapter, so just a heads up.

Sidenote: I know there was probably some confusion with one of my OC's names the first time I introduced him, so I'm just gonna say this: Mr. Bear and Ryder Landry are the exact same person, just with a lot of names he goes by. I hope this clears things up.

Happy Read by the way 🐺👉🏻

     The iron door from the far end of the corridor slowly screeched open, the hinges squeaked as it shut closed. Seth Wolf and Mr. Badger's ears perked up at the loud sound they'd been hoping to hear all night.

     Well, specifically Seth.

     Badger? Not so much.

"Finally, the fresh meat has arrived . . . ," the older wolf whispered hungrily in a hushed voice. He licked his lips for what's about to come pretty soon.

     "This shit better work," Mr. Badger spat aggravatingly, he rolled up the cuff of his orange sleeve jumpsuit.

A pair of footsteps echo down the hallway through one of the highest floors of the S. U. C. M. prison. A new prison guard carried a baton he was required to have as he was assigned to ensure that all the prisoners were in there cell rooms and asleep for the night. And to also make sure no one hung themselves with bedsheets. Occasionally, he used his baton to clank the metal bars to the inmates who were still up, and carefully remind them to go back to sleep.

Some grudgingly oblige while others yelled malicious remarks to the new guy along the way, which he managed to brush off.

Blinking fluorescent lights created a dim glow in the ceiling as the guard continued to lightly skip down the hallway. He whistled a funny tune as if being a part of a work position in prison was a pleasant place to be. "Hm...?" The young man halts his footsteps when he reached a specific cell room. He couldn't help, but take a sneak a peek through one of the bars to his right.

An immediate smile lit up the guard's face the second he noticed a snoring wolf facing the tiled wall in a sleeping position while the familiar badger, sat on his own metal bed.

"Holy shi—Hi!! Hey buddy! How are ya? I just thought I'd stop by, and say my thanks to you and your boss for the sandwich you guys gave me the other day!," he babbled, his eyes seemingly brightening up the hallways a lot better than the lifeless, dim fluorescents this prison would leave on every night to further punish criminals. "Not a lot of folks here are much up to small talk, especially when I started this job, but out of all people, you guys made my first week a whole lot better, so I appreciate it!"

     . . . You thought we did it for you? Ha! If you were just another fellow inmate, you'd already have a target on your back for just being a bubbly human man.

"Ahh, don't thank us!," Badger waved off his friendliness. He tried to force a convincible grin on his tired face as he bluntly said, "I mean, for an optimist guy like you working in this . . . establishment, we do try to occasionally go easy on the new guys, but . . . you know, there wouldn't be any reason for us being here if we hadn't commit such horrible crimes, so . . ."

"Well, that might be what other people say, but you guys seem really chill compared to these other guys—" He gestured around the hallway of dangerous locked up convicts. "—Which is kinda ironic considering you, Seth, Mr. Bear, and Mr. Croc are all animals. You know, what? That actually reminds me! Do you guys always face discrimination just because you guys can talk, or is it just—?"