I'm sorry

(This is after LBD and everything)

Jiang sat down on the log bench a little distance away from the others. She stared at everyone talking and enjoying their noodles. She sighed.

Sure they had just defeated LBD but something still wasn't right with her. Macaque looked over at the lotus haired teen, and huffed. He walked over and sat down next to her.

Things had been difficult between the two. Jiang had been helping everyone and against LBD while Macaque was working for her so things were tense between them.

They sat there in silence before Macaque finally said something.

"I'm sorry."

"Huh?" Jiang perked up.

"Listen kid, I'm sorry. I feel horrible about what I put you through....and I hope you can trust me again...maybe not as your mentor, but as your friend...and your caretaker." He said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I know it'll be hard to forgive me, but I wanna make it better."

Jiang sighed. "It's just...I was so worried about you! I had three mental breakdowns just worrying about your safety! I felt horrible that I hadn't done anything to help you! And then you just show up again, attack the ship I'm on, and of course you didn't know I was on the ship until I came out of the cabin. And then you literally trapped me in the copy of our van, and I literally had to fight you....twice! I punched you straight in the face!!"

"And it was a good punch I will admit."

"And then you got those weird Lady Bone Demon powers and you threatened Mei, the person whose been taking care of me and caring for me while you were missing! And you just show up again and act like nothing happened!" Jiang said rubbing her forehead.
"I-It's just, I was so angry yet some small part of me prayed she was forcing you to do all that..."

Macaque sighed and hugged her shoulder.
"I know it's no excuse for what I did but yeah kinda, I owed the Lady Bone Demon and I just didn't want you getting hurt. I was hoping you'd be okay and that if I paid my debt then she'd spare me and you. Lotus, I'm so sorry, can you ever forgive me?"

Jiang sighed and hugged her boss. "Yeah I think I can. However Mei's probably gonna have a veryyyyy long talk with you."

"Got it....you want some noodles? You haven't eaten in a while."

"Yeah sure."

"Also I hope you don't mind but....."

"You're taking in Bai He aren't you?"

"Yeah, she can be like your sister! She's just got no one else to turn to!" Macaque said.

"Alright, she seems cool enough."

They laughed and headed over to where everyone was sitting around the fire.