- 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

'Sohee? They're still friends?' Jongseong questions himself, validating her frozen figure staring at him. She didn't change much, he supposes.

Sohee shakes her head to get off from this hallucination, but even so, Jongseong's still here. She clears her throat as her widened eyes begin to shoot Jieum with 'Is this real? Is he real?'.

"N-no way... P-park Jong- wh- what... Ji- Jieum...?" A cat must've gotten Sohee's tongue and with dismissive hands, she tries to give herself a minute to process what's (or who's) in front of her.

"Alright, calm down. You're not hallucinating, that's Jongseong from high school in front of you. He's um... how do I say this... oh! My bodyguard- for today only! Dad found him in the streets somewhere and decided to give him a lovely job." Jieum snaps her fingers and sinisterly smiles. Jongseong pierces a glare through her in response.

"Eh? Bodyguard?" Question marks are still all over Sohee's head.

"This is technically your fault. You brought him into our conversation last night and now you jinxed him into coming back." Jieum snarls crossed arms over her chest.

"You were talking about me?" Jongseong asks, raising a brow.

"Bad-mouthing you." Jieum taunts, receiving another glare. Jieum stands up to grab both Sohee's shoulders and shake them.

"I want to go home, I don't feel well." Jieum stands up, clutching her bag. Sohee understands and nods.

"It's- it's fine, yes. Get home, I'll call you later." Sohee pulls her in for a hug, only to give Jongseong a stink-eye.

Sohee breaks the hug and takes small hesitant steps backwards, before completely turning around to leave.

"You don't feel good?" Jongseong repeats what he has heard from their conversation.

"I don't know what I'm feeling, Jongseong, but it's making me sick." Jieum tells him, looking at him straight in the eyes with anger.

━━━━

Jongseong manages to bring Jieum home safe and sound, as the whole ride home is suffocatingly quiet. The car is parked outside the main door, Jongseong takes off his seatbelt but stays in his seat as he doesn't know what's supposed to happen next once Jieum leaves the car.

"Can't you quit this job?" Jieum speaks her mind.

"And what fair reason would I give to your father? Because you hate me?" Jongseong answers back. He's not wrong.

"Say that I was being shitty towards you, I don't care. Or something that will make my dad regret having us meet again, even though he knows nothing. Unless you want me to tell him how you were the boy who hurt me badly? I don't mind." Jieum snarkily provides him with the choices.

"He doesn't know?" Jongseong looks at the girl in the backseat, who's been throwing daggers at the back of his head.

"He does. But not what you look like, or your name. Just the story of us. If he did, he would've killed you first before I could meet you in the living room." Jieum scoffs. Jongseong returned his sharp gaze to the front, scratching his temple frustatingly.

Staring into oblivion, the guilt that has never left somewhere in his body surges through him again. Years ago, he used to wish for the world to give him one opportunity to see Jieum again just so he could apologize and explain himself. His wish had now finally been heard, but not to what he hoped. No time will ever be the right time now that he can't even let out the three primary words people say when they apologize, because he knows it's too late.

He has no choice but to accept her grudges towards him. He was the first to have ever known nonetheless, that a person like Moon Jieum did not deserve what he did to her.

"You know what? I'm sorry for how I acted today." Jieum swallows hard along with her pride, surprising Jongseong the most.

"Until I have you as my bodyguard- which I can assure you will not last long- here's what's going to happen, Park. Let's forget how you broke my heart and all you have to do is to protect me, are we cool?" Jieum utters with a forced smile and nods at him.

Jieum can't bear to hear another word from Jongseong today. She rushes out of the car and into the house and leaves Jongseong by himself.

━━━━━━━━━

That's all for tonight 🚶‍♀️
See you in another two or three
weeks HAHSHAHA