Unexpected Turn Of Events

No matter how you looked at the situation, it was strange, as if Kageura Menma's head never had a price. Because not a single enemy appeared before them, could it be that it was all just a lie?

Enkaku thought it was strange, but Satoru took it all lightly, acting like he was on some sort of vacation. Suguru was alert most of the time and told Enkaku that even if Satoru acted like that, he was actually taking this mission seriously. To confirm this, he throws a small stone towards Satoru, but it never hits him, due to his infinity. Although he is not very good at controlling it and wears him down considerably, he still uses it most of the time.

"Won't it be dangerous for Satoru? It's better if he doesn't drain himself like this, we're here too, besides, is that child's life so precious?" Enkaku couldn't understand Satoru's behavior, it was strange that he would put himself in danger just to protect a boy he doesn't know.

"I'm also surprised by his behavior, I never thought that he really planned to take this mission seriously, maybe he saw something in that kid." Suguru looked at Satoru, noting that he was having a lot of fun talking to Menma.

"That's troublesome." Enkaku muttered, knowing full well that his plan was ruined, and Satoru would get in his way if he tried to kill Menma.

"Let's take a break, how about we eat something?" Satoru said as he stopped walking.

Ever since they left the school, the four of them kept moving forward without stopping, so taking a little break to eat something doesn't sound too bad. Enkaku didn't like the idea very much, but he still followed them, however, the moment he entered the burger joint, a strange feeling flooded his mind.

There were definitely eyes watching them, but he couldn't specify the exact location, that person was hiding somewhere in the dark. And it seems that he was the only one who noticed, since Suguru and Satoru never said anything, nor did they try to talk about it.

Still thinking of those eyes, Enkaku sat down and looked out the window. Satoru offered to order food for everyone, so he was the only one missing from the table. The shikigami that is currently hidden in the form of a butterfly within Enkaku's clothing, spoke to his master in a low voice.

"I can go investigate if you order me to, maybe it's an enemy sent by Reimeki." The shikigami volunteered, waiting for Enkaku to give him an order.

"There's no need to do such a thing, I'm pretty sure Reimeki doesn't know where I am yet. It's better to pretend like we don't know anything, this could work in our favor."

Enkaku had a vague thought, thinking that those eyes looking at them are probably someone who wants to kill Menma. If so, he will keep quiet, since no one has noticed anything. Maybe this is the chance he's been waiting for, Menma will die without Enkaku being involved.

Satoru returned with the food and then sat down next to Enkaku. The sinner thought that Satoru was going to sit next to Menma, but it seems that he switched places with Suguru.

"Why are you looking out of the window so much?"

Enkaku could see Satoru's reflection in the window, noting the suspicion in his sky blue eyes.

"I was just waiting for the food, nothing more than that." Enkaku's gaze shifted away from the outside, now looking at the food on the table, then back at Suguru. "By the way, Geto."

Suguru's attention was drawn to Enkaku. "Yes?"

Why did you switch places with Satoru?" some reason, Enkaku was irritated.

"He wanted to sit next to you, so I gave him my seat." Suguru thought that the two of them got along well, so he didn't give much thought to that matter.