𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 - 𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚

Taylor's POV - 2008

I woke up in the morning with the sun's rays washing over my face. I took the blanket off me and sat up in bed. Another morning that my heart is not complete. I wrote a little in the diary and sighed. My life has moved on but my heart will always hold a warm corner for Joe. It's been almost a year that I don't know anything about him and this lack of knowledge is difficult for me. I went to the desk and started writing him another letter. I'm still recording songs for my new album fearless , that's what I decided to call it and it currently has no plans to be released, but I'm excited about this whole process and can't help but think about the tour. My first world tour. with my music. until now, my performances have been local but soon they will be in huge stadiums. I have a little habit of writing letters to Joe almost every three days and leaving one ticket to my show. Just in case he will choose to appear out of nowhere, surprise me and arrive. My hope is stronger than anything, I haven't lost it yet. I don't even know what's going on with the letters and if he reads them, but he promised me since we were little that he would be the first to come to my concert and stand in the audience and now it's not happening. I'm so afraid it will never happen.

Dear Joe,
It's been almost a year since I saw you, since our fight , and I find myself missing you more than ever. I know I've said terrible things and I'm truly sorry for the pain I caused you. I don't even have the words to express how sorry I am anymore, but I understand if you can't find it in your heart to forgive me.
I wanted to let you know that I'm currently working on a new album called "Fearless." It's a project that means a lot to me, and even though it's not expected to be released, I'm already planning to go on tour next year. I remember how you promised me from a young age that you would be in the audience for my shows, and I still hold onto that promise in my heart.
I wanted to extend an invitation to you for my upcoming local concert. I've left one ticket for you at the letter below , and I hope you'll consider coming. It would mean the world to me to see you there, even if it's just for a moment. And please know that this is just the beginning - I'll make sure to leave more tickets for you at future concerts, in the hopes that you'll come to one of the shows sometime in the future.
I haven't given up hope yet, Joe. I still believe that there's a chance for us to mend what's broken and find our way back to each other. But I also understand if you need more time, or if forgiveness is something that feels impossible right now. Just know that I'm here, and I'll keep hoping and fighting for us.
It's ok we don't have to get back together, I moved on, there's someone new I met and guess what? His name is also Joe. He is really nice and I feel in love ?.
But it's important to me that you know that I want you back in my life, I want my best friend back.
Take care of yourself, Joe.
I hope to see you soon.

With love,
Taylor

Joe's POV

February 1st, the day my first daughter came into this world. A few moments ago she was in Rose's womb and now she's in my arms. On my bare chest, and her naked body make skin to skin. I'm a dad. I'm a teenage dad but I'm her dad. I have a girl that came from me.

I took her to the window, watched the first rays of the sun come out and bathe her little face and then I looked at her.
She is so tiny and so mine. She came from my sperm, I will never understand how strong nature is.
She's so beautiful and I swear not because she's mine but she is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. The nurse came to put a hospital bracelet on me. A special bracelet that shows everyone that I am a dad . I looked at my little daughter who I'm proud to say is mine , in tears. Salty tears of happiness that did not stop flowing from my face. I'm happy.  I'm so happy and I can't remember the last time I was like this. I was so afraid of her coming to this world and destroyed mine , because I knew it would change everything but suddenly everything is in slow motion. Suddenly the feeling that I am ready to die for this little girl arises in my body. The feeling that I would take a thousand bullets and be her human shield just to keep her safe.

"Hello Aurora, welcome to this world"
She opened her eyes for the first time slowly and they were blue like the ocean, I couldn't stop myself from smiling.
My life changed in a moment and it all started nine months ago. I can't help but wonder how Taylor would react to me being a dad. She probably would have laughed in my face or thought I was the worst father in the world , if she even called me "Dad". But I know that no matter what I will give my whole life to my girl. I will support her and give all my small salary for her. Aurora is everything to me right now. That's what we decided to call her, I know the name is a bit strange but she is Rose's favorite princess and also the goddess of the dawn. She is our tiny goddess and she is the greatest light that has entered our lives. My life.

4.6848 lbs of pure happiness. She is so beautiful and I can't believe I'm responsible of her from this moment on.

She's everything I wanted without knowing it.
She's everything I expected and more.
She's everything I dreamed of. She's ....

She's the best thing that's ever been mine.