𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 - 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭

• Flashback to 2007 •
Taylor POV:
I woke up the next morning after crying all night. I'm dumb, I'm just stupid. How could I say those words to Joe?? how?? To My best friend. To the only person I loved with all my heart. I didn't stop thinking about how I hurt him, and that thought made me think of nothing but regret.

I felt I needed to apologize to him as soon as possible. Last night I knocked on his door hard for almost an hour and he didn't answer so I realized I should give him his peace. I brushed my teeth and went downstairs. I didn't even want to eat breakfast because I had no appetite. But just as I was on the last stairs I heard crying and wailing from the kitchen and I was worried . I came as fast as possible towards those voices and ran into my parents sitting at the table hugging each other. My father has a sad face and my mother is crying as if someone died.

"What happened???" They raised their heads to me and I searched for answers. They still haven't answered my question and I'm already starting to feel impatient.

"Tell me what happened now??" I started to get more stressed and my mom's looks didn't help. I felt like something terrible has happened.

"It's joe..he...." That's all three words my mother said and the moment she said 'Joe' my heart skipped a beat. what did I do. what did I do???? I started to feel a sweat so quickly and I demand an answer now and immediately.

"Joe what??? Mom speak!!!!!!!"
I said quickly. What is this tension? Why is no one talking? what happened to joe??? I felt as if my heart was losing its breath from moment to moment. I know Joe is very important to my mother. He's like her and my father's son. He's like another brother to Austin and my best friend. Our families grew up together and I know that any pain his family will feel we will feel , so I just know something is wrong if she's acting like that.

"Honey I can't tell you, it will break you.
I just can't. I'm sorry but I'm not ready to see your face when I'm going to tell you".
She cried more and looked at me. I couldn't stand it anymore.

"Tell me what???? I looked at the looks of my brother, my father and my mother and realized that there would be no answer from them so I started running to the house across from us. I went up the three small stairs and started knocking on the door like crazy.

"ELIZABETH! RICHARD! THOMAS! PATRICK ! JOE! ANY OF YOU OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW I'M NOT KIDDING".
I screamed at them and hoped that someone would open my door , when I feel that my parents together with my brother got up right after me and were waiting for me at the door of our house. Like I'm about to receive news that will cause me to have a heart attack or something. After half a minute which seems like an eternity Elizabeth opened the door for me with tears in her eyes.

"What happened to Joe liz??? Please tell me".

"Taylor, honey. Joe left"
I didn't understand what she wanted .
About it all the drama was?

"Ok so let's wait for him together. I want to talk to him".

"Taylor..." She said with a serious look, tucking my hair behind my ear and taking both of my hands to look me in the eyes before what she was about to say.

"What?!? You scare me"

"Joe left this morning and moved to London. He's not coming back "

"HE WHAT?????????"I felt my and Liz's tears coming out quickly. I raised my head and saw my mother hugging my father and when she saw me she started to cry even more. I felt my stomach turn. He left because of me?? I quickly opened my phone and saw that he had blocked my contact. Fuck. what did I do?!?