𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐈𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧

A/N • Flashback to 1997
It's the summer days, the most fun days in the whole life of 7 year old children.
There are no worries. The sun's rays are warming, the ice cream melts so fast. The water hose in the Alwyn family's garden sprays in all directions and the 7 year-old Taylor and Joe run across the wet grass in their swimming suits.
All you can hear is the giggle of both of them.
"I need a break" Taylor said with a light chuckle and sat down under the tree.
"Time for an ice cream break?" Joe asked  with a big smile.
"yesss please!!!" she said with a smile that showed all her teeth.
Joe entered the house and asked his mother for two ice cream cones, she gave them to him and he walked slowly and carefully towards Taylor, as if keeping the ice cream was his life's mission at that moment.
"here you go Tay" Joe give one of the cones to her while Taylor looked at the ice cream with wide eyes, like she'd never eaten ice cream in her life before , but she needed it. It was too hot outside.
"Thank you Joe-jee, come sit next to me"
Joe sat down next to her and they both started licking the ice cream while exchanging a few looks between them.
They both looked into each other's bright blue eyes but then Joe broke the silence.
"Taylor what do you want to do when you grow up?" he asked and then went back to licking his ice cream.
"Well..you know how much I love music so I hope I'll be a singer" She said while licking her ice cream and tucking one of her curls behind the ear. " will you come to my concert?" she asked him and he nodded his head so quickly and hurried to say while the ice cream was still in his mouth "Of course! I'll be the first to be there, I'll be forever your number one fan" he said and Taylor looked at him with a big smile.
"Well thank you... and wha.." She wanted to ask Joe the same question but was interrupted by a heavy chuckle from him.
"What ?? What's so funny?!? I didn't say anything funny" she said with an innocent look because she really didn't understand why he was laughing.
"Your nose Tay! It's all covered! you look like a clown" he started laughing even harder.
Taylor smiled a little bit but she was ashamed and embarrassed and only after a few moments joe noticed that ,so he stopped laughing and took a piece of paper that was covering his ice cream cone and moved close to her.
"come on, let me help you with that" he smiled to her and wiped all the ice cream off her face and put a bunch of her curls behind her ear that he saw were hiding her eyes.
then he sat on his place again and watched her take a bite out of the last piece of the ice cream cone. He stared at her and admired her beauty.
"What? Is there anything else on my face?"She looked at him with an uncomprehending look, waiting for his answer as he watched her like this.
"No....nothing....yo...you...you are just so beautiful" He said and his and her cheeks turned tomato red in a second, and not from the sun.
"thank you...thank you for saying that" she finally said and looked straight into his ocean eyes.
"Taylor ?" he asked with a shaky voice that now accentuated his slight British accent.
"yes..?" she didn't understand why his voice changed like that.
"can.....can I give you ...a kiss? Like my mom and dad give to each other and like yours give, and like all adults give" he asked her for the second time with his shaky voice.
"do you mean Like Barbie and Ken's kiss? On the lips??" she asked quickly excitedly but she was tensed inside and felt her little heart beating fast and she didn't even know why.
Joe was still shy to speak, you could tell he was also stressed inside so he just nodded.
"sure why not ?" Taylor smiled at him and moved closer to him and so did he and then it happened. Their tiny lips touched each other and they both kissed for the very first time.
"I love you Taylor " Joe said to her after they both moved away and quickly separated from each other.
"I love you too Joe, you will be forever my best friend!" she smiled .
"Wanna play hide and seek again?" she asked him with a big smile on her face.
"Yes! But this time I'm the one hiding, it's your turn to count!".
They both got up, Taylor leaned against the tree and covered her eyes to count and Joe started running to find the best hiding place he could find.
-
Hi guys, this is officially the first chapter of my first book.
I wanted to tell you that English is not my first language so I am aware that there will be many mistakes, wrong words and pronunciations but I will try to do my best and like everything in life it will not be perfect. Hope you like this book and appreciate it as much as I do.
I love you and good luck to me.
(Also let's appreciate the hard work I put of editing the cover! It took my way too long)