Revolations

Mulai dari awal

*****

CHAPTER 24

Tara POV
I rummaged bitterly through the prince's things. This place looks like it was hit with a tornado.

Come on he's gotta have some money here somewere...or at least some rum

I can't believe he rejected me. His words rang in my head. I don't want you.. I know he felt something that night of solstice, he made me feel so alive that night I...

He must be in love with that whore from the southern isles. Everyone knows every eligible nobleman from here to Crete has had a taste of her.

I sulked in my thoughts as I cleaned the room. I mean, doesn't he know I'm like the leader in this palace? This place would fall apart without me. I fanned out the bed sheets and a small tink sound caught my attention. I picked up the small earring that fell on the floor and bounced off a shard of pottery.

It was a plump little gold stud and it shined in my eye causing me to cringe and blink. I knew that the prince had another girl in his bed last night. Being with her is probably why he didn't want me. I frowned deeply. the girl just arrived in town and he already had her in his bed...

Ugh!

Of Course. He's been a player for years. Every noble girl and non-noble girl has been rumored to have shared his "company". But the earring isn't enough gold and a prissy little nobel girl like her wouldn't dare be caught in anything but tones of fine gold...

"I wonder what poor girl fell into his trap this time?", I said quietly holding up the very shiny object. It looked so..familiar...
I feel like I really really remember this. I..just..need...to..put..my...finger...on..
I squinted at the object like if I looked hard enough the truth would come to me.

The door swung open and Isaac stood there looking a bit flushed.

"Persian messengers are at the gate!" He said and ran off before I could tell him off for interrupting my thoughts. Persians? Gross.

The door was wide open and it seemed that everyone else was leaving there posts so I thought, fuck it! I couldn't find any money anyway.

I ran out and met up with my girls near the well, standing on the steps and leaning against the marble columns. They looked so scared of the impending Persians. I wasn't, the king would not allow it.

A trail of black hair interrupted my thoughts.
Mata Hari.

I rolled my eyes In disgust. She thinks she's all that, all the stable boys talk about wanting her. I remember she used to have the prince wrapped around her finger.

I tried to be her friend. Take her under my wing once.

**FLASHBACK (as told by Tara)**

"Why is she just...sitting there?" I asked Fawn as we all sat at the servants quarters, eating dinner. She wasn't talking to anyone and she didn't even eat.
"Oh, that's Mata Hari, she never talks yah know." She informed me

"Never talks? Never talks?.... Well is she slow?" I asked squinting to get a better look at the long haired brown skin girl.

"No she's right as rain, just quiet is all."

"Are you guy talking about the queens handmaiden?" Antony asked as he finished off his food and was now eyeing mine too.
We watched as the peculiar girl took her bowl of food and cracked the back door slightly. She whistled a bit and snapped her fingers.Seconds later, a small black cat appeared and she set the food in front of the small cat who began to hungrily attack it.