f i v e

❝I'll quiet down, if it's what you want
I understand I'm not the only on
For you❞

The morning after, Hanuel felt more refreshed than she had the past few weeks. It was her second day off this month and it was safe to say it was much needed. She doesn't remember the last time she took this much time off, but the perfect time was now.

She made her bed and walked into the empty kitchen. Her mom had already left for work, not waking her up due to this being an everyday occurrence. She chopped up some fruits to make a fruit bowl before putting a protein bar and gummies into her lunch box. She was quiet as she drifted through the house, getting her materials together for school. The house creaked here and there but other than her footsteps it was perfectly calm. When she had put everything into her smaller backpack, she stepped out of the house and locked the door behind her. She began her trek through the cold weather without complaining.

〄〄〄

When she got to school there was a certain buzz in the air. It made her look around at everyone's faces instead of usually staring straight ahead. Something was off.

"I can't believe Sunmi was here!"

"I know right? The boys reacting to the episode was a genius idea."

"I know and Park Gunwook was..."

She snapped her head to the girls that were talking. She tried to listen in but they were walking too fast and it would be weird to turn around to follow them. Refocusing on what's in front of her, she kept walking. She got to class pretty early, so she went to sit by Hyo. But she was so out of it, she didn't realize she was chatting with her other friends.

"Oh, hi Hanuel! We were just talking about Boys Planet, have you watched the first episode yet? The second one just came out today."

That must've been why the atmosphere was the way it was. "Yes actually, I watched it last night."

"Really? You actually did? Aren't you always working though?" One of Hyo's other friends said, maybe her name is Areum? Haneul didn't ever pay attention.

"Um, well I had the day off so," She trailed off, shrugging her shoulders.

"So who caught your eye?" Hyo gushed the question, raising her eyebrows very dramatically.

"Who caught yours?" Haneul responded back.

"I think you're gonna be surprised, it's..." She started drumming on the desk to further create suspense. "It's Ricky."

"Wow I wasn't expecting that," Haneul replied. It's true, she thought someone as hyper as her like Seok Matthew or Junhyeon was more her type. Hopefully she was remembering right. Then again, she had never seen Hyo interested in someone other than idols.

"Yeah honestly the whole 'Young and Rich' quote really did it for me," She sighed dreamily, resting her face in her hands resembling a flower.

"The Yuehua trainees actually did really well this year, I was so impressed," Areum butted in again.

Haneul nods while she and Hyo go into a deep conversation about that topic. She feels a little awkward just sitting there practically twiddling her thumbs as her friend is knee deep in conversation.

"I'm going to go prepare for class," She says as she pulls her backpack back on. Hyo nods her head in recognition, not stopping her conversation. As she walks away she hears Areum comment, "Not trying to be rude but like...why are you friends with her? Like she's nice and all but she's a little too quiet. Like creepy quiet. I don't know, it's just her whole vibe that just throws me off."

Haneul presses her lips together in distaste as she walks faster to her seat, not caring about what Hyo's response is.

〄〄〄

When the lunch bell rings, Hyo rushes over to the other side of her desk and plops down on her seat. "So, you never told me who your favorite is."

"I..." Haneul looks down, trying her hardest not to blush.

"Oh. My. God. I've never seen you like this!" She says, slapping her hand over her mouth. Silently screaming in it.

She chuckles, shaking her head with a small smile on her face.

"Who's got you smiling like that? This is so weird, wow you're usually so just...calm."

"I know I...this is weird for me too," She sputtered, putting her hands on her cheeks so they would cool down. Haneul never had feelings like this, since she threw herself into school she never really had the time. Then she got her job a couple years ago, as soon as she knew it she was in her last year of High school.

"Just tell me!" Hyo nagged, a cringy expression on her face. She then proceeded to do some intense Aegyo which had Haneul putting her hands over her ears and closing her eyes.

"Stop Stop!"

"Ok" She pouts.

"It's Gunwook."

"Eh? Really? Actually you know what this is making sense. Of course you'd like the bad boy slash boy next door dude. You know he's like an overachiever like you? Accept in way more clubs." She rants, using her hands to talk.

"Really?" Haneul asked, leaning forward. She hadn't seen any other content through the app streaming the show, perhaps it was on another site. She was definitely not going to go look up everything about him when she got home. Totally.

"Yeah I mean in his introduction video it said some stuff about his school life, you should go watch it on the Mnet YouTube channel. Anyways I'm trying to figure out my top 9..." She trails on, but Haneul focuses instead on the new traits she's learned about him.

God, she feels like Hyo when she's beginning to stan a new group.

〄〄〄

When she got home for the day, she was exhausted as per usual. She was so tired all she wanted to do was sleep, but there were so many things she needed to get done. Specifically around the house. Even so, she found herself opening up a familiar streaming app and searching up the name Park Gunwook.

She had just downloaded Twitter the other day so she was still figuring out how to use it. Once she figured out how to search something, she of course looked up the trainee that's been plaguing her mind. There were a couple of videos that popped up that she was interested in, after scrolling through a few of them. She looked at the time, it was around 5. She had plenty of time to watch just a couple videos, so with a smile she clicked on the first one.