t h r e e

❝I know, I know, I know,
I know you❞

Without meaning too, life passed Haneul bye. The few weeks after the dinner with her mother, she was just going through the motions. Wake up, eat breakfast on the go, go to school, come home, go to work, and fit homework somewhere in the mix.

She still hadn't got her tire on the bike fixed because of her work schedule and due to her laziness. Luckily, the heat wave had passed and it was back to being freezing cold. Her walks to school and work became harder in a different way because of it.

It was one morning with the snow still stuck to the ground, that Hyo had come into the classroom with the biggest smile on her face. This school year they had, luckily, gotten each other for their classes, much to Haneul's relief.

While Hyo had other friends, she didn't. Hyo was definitely the fun extrovert of the class, class clown even. She was the pick me up that people loved to be friends with, which is why Haneul feels so lucky that she was even friends with the ever so popular girl.

Before walking over to her, Hyo's attention was caught by some of her classmates. Haneul couldn't hear exactly what was talked about but she could guess by Hyo's smile widening more, if that was even possible.

It wasn't long before she came prancing over, like a happy virus, "Hannie! Did you watch the premiere last night?"

"The Boys Planet program? That's already out?" She asked, surprised it wasn't coming out at a later date. She's not stupid, she had guessed that the mysterious newcomers were either part of the program or working for it.

"Yes! I've been talking all about this for the past week! You haven't been listening have you?" Hyo sighs, crossing her arms and faking a disappointed look.

Hanuel blushed, "I'm sorry I've been trying to get my homework done and stuff. I'll pay more attention."

"I totally get it, you're a working girl! But you should definitely watch it. Like during lunch today and finish it when you get home since the episodes are so long." Hyo smiles, wide enough that all of her teeth were showing.

"Have you already got a favorite?" Hanuel asked, skipping over what she said, but still she was genuinely curious.

"Hm, since the first round continues next episode, I won't say I have a number one yet. But, someone has caught my eye," She replied, eyes lighting up.

Hanuel nods in response and starts to take out the things for their first class. In the midst of taking her notebook out she realizes Hyo is still grinning at her.

"What?" She asks, a little freaked out by how she's just staring.

"So are ya gonna watch it?" She asks, her demeanor never wavering. When Haneul sighs she keeps going, "Come on Haneul at least just watch the first episode, for me?"

Sighing once more she slightly nods and Hyo practically screams out in delight, promising she'd love it.

〄〄〄

Hanuel probably wasn't going to watch the episode if she was being totally honest, if anything she would maybe tune in for the first few minutes. Really, she just wanted to make her friend happy but she just didn't have a lot of spare time on her hands. Especially since she wanted to get this book she had been reading for weeks now finished. She really didn't know when she would get to it, that was until her next shift at the convenience store.

It had been a quiet shift so far and the weather had been slightly warmer than it had usually been. That meant trading in her heavy coat for a slightly lighter and more trendier one. It also meant that every time the doors would automatically open, a cool, perfect breeze would drift by. It was nice, just the way she liked things. 

It was around 30 minutes until she closed up, when the doors opened for hopefully the last time.

"Welcome in," She uttered, not looking up from the counter top she was cleaning.

"Hello," A deep voice replied in passing. Snapping her head up, she felt like she recognized the voice. It was like deja vu as she looked at the same boy from before again. His chocolate eyes were crescent moons yet again before he hurriedly walked into one of the aisles. He was alone this time. Her breath was stolen once more. This had to be a sign, he was definitely someone she should avoid.

Taken aback from her thoughts, Hanuel stopped wiping the counter. Her gaze was still on the tall boy as he stared at the snacks. He looked better than before if that was even possible. He still had the signature mask on and darker clothes, but this visit he wasn't sporting a hat. She could see his fluffy hair slightly bounce as his head peaked over the aisles. God, he was a lot taller than she realized. With her being around 5'4, she was simply average, but he looked like he would tower over her. Her heart skipped a beat. She had never cared for things like this before, it was very strange she was starting to now.

Still staring at him, she could see how he had crazy broad shoulders. Everything about him left her speechless. She looked back down at the counter top that she had stopped wiping which didn't matter because it was dry now anyway.

It wasn't long before he came busiling towards her with lots of products in his arms.

"Hi again!" He smiled or she guessed he did as he put everything on the counter neatly.

Smiling, and blushing underneath her own mask, she routinely asked, "Did you find everything ok?"

"Mhm, are you always working this late?"

"Oh um, mostly," She says, almost stuttering due to the conversation going off its normal routine. She put some of her framing hairs on her face behind her ear as she kept scanning everything from ramen to fruity sodas.

"Great, maybe I'll see you again," He smiles, taking out the cash just as delicately as before.

She shyly nods, taking the money and giving him his receipt.

"I'll be back soon!" He says bowing.

"Have a good night," She bows back as he leaves.

Turning her back to the door, she takes her mask off of one ear and feels her cheeks. They're burning up. Did he really just say that? Was she dreaming? Why is everything going fuzzy?

She took numerous deep breaths before putting her mask back on. She takes another one for good measure and goes back to cleaning up. As she's doing so, she thinks about how he was probably one of the contestants. If he was that this was dangerous territory, one that she most definitely should be running from. That life was not something she wanted to mess with.

She wished she could follow her own advice, but her thoughts literally would not leave the boy. A current thought was wondering if she'd be able to spot him without the mask. One would think so, but she's always been bad with faces.

So then she should probably watch the show, sighing, she leans her head on the nearest wall. She didn't really have the time for things like this, but her curiosity was at an all time high. Maybe just maybe, she'll watch instead of dealing with her homework, but just this once.