Chapter 74: Variations (Part 1 & 2)

Start from the beginning

"Even if I do not say, Eldest Brother will investigate himself." Jennie looked out the window, "I'm afraid that by this time the circumstances in Wo Long Temple had already been inquired."

"But can Young Master really be able to investigate?" Marie was worried, "If it was found it, at the end everything would be known so what is the use of Young Lady hiding it?"

"Prince Yu does things rigorously and if I guess correctly, the monks in Wo Long Temple had already cleaned thoroughly everything inside and out. Not to mention Eldest Brother, even if it was Father, they would not be able to find a single tiny hint at all."

"Goodness." Marie covered her mouth, "Does it means that the truth of the matter will never come to light in this lifetime?" The wicked heart of the Second household of the Shen family, the shamelessness of Prince Yu. Initially one thought that once Shen Xin and wife returned, they would be able to stand up for Jennie but with Jennie's words just now, it was almost saying that everything that happened in Wo Long Temple had been buried deeply, and the truth would not be known to anyone at all.

"I originally do not intend to use this kind of fair method to seek justice for myself." Jennie lightly said, "There are many different other ways in the world to achieve one's goal."

Justice and fairness was not even worth more than straws. Justice was restricted from the weak and for those who are strong, they were the justice. In those years in the Inner Palace, she understood lots of principles. It was not that there were not any kind and good females, it was that these females were like the flowers during winter, too weak and could not withstand the wind blowing and would be crushed into the soil. Since she was taking a dark and bloody route, then the means and methods used during that route would not necessarily be those that could see the light.

"But what Young Lady could do?" Marie said, "At least Master and Furen can protect Young Lady. If it was possible, even help Young Lady to vent some anger. Since Young Lady is an unmarried female, even if one were to take revenge, it would be inconvenient." Marie wholeheartedly spoke with Jennie in mind.

"Father and Mother will be filled with indignancy and directly go against Prince Yu residence. Only by retreating can they protect me and make Prince Yu somewhat afraid of the consequences." Jennie said, "It is not possible to let the Shen family not harm a single hair when going against the residence of Prince Yu of the First Rank. If it was only for the sake of intimidation, then it is not what I wish to have."

The more Marie listened, the more she did not understand. Jennie's meaning was not to let Shen Xin take his anger out of Prince Yu, and also not to let Shen Xin deter Prince Yu but make Prince Yu not put any intention onto Jennie. But looking at Jennie, it was clear that she would not forget about this matter. So what exactly was Jennie intended way of handling it?

Jennie smiled, "If one were to offend me, I will definitely exterminate the entire family."

Marie was surprised and unconsciously raise her head to look at Jennie, but saw that the smile on the lips of the young female that was bathed in sunlight, was like the claws of a beast in the deep dark jungles, quietly showing their fangs.

Her heart was in shock and in that moment she felt terrified, and was unable to speak a single word as she quickly bowed her head in fear. Thinking the right words that Shen Qiu said, mentioning that in just a short one year, Jennie seemed to have completed changed. Not to even mentioning about Shen Qiu, even those maids that were by Jennie's side all day were also unable to find any traces of the old Jennie.