Chapter 73: Shen Qiu (Part 1 & 2)

Start from the beginning

Jennie was gratified in her heart. Marie was indeed the most courageous among the four maids and if there were such similar matters in the future, Marie could be useful but naturally there was a need to slowly nurture Alexia and the rest. She was not the unmarried Jennie but Empress Shen, mistress of the Six Palaces, thus there was a need for her own confidants as what she would face in the future would be much more dangerous than what was happening now. If she could get used to it, these maids should also learn to get used to it.

During her thoughts, one could hear a hearty laughter suddenly coming from outside, "Younger Sister!"

When Jennie turned her head, she saw Shen Qiu walking in. He took off the armour he wore in the battlefield and only put on a green sturdy outfit and looked exceptionally handsome. With a wheat complexion, his two dimples that appeared when he smiled made that handsome and heroic appearance a little somewhat childlike. He walked closer to carefully look at Jennie before asking cautiously, "Does Younger Sister feel uncomfortable anywhere?"

Jennie suddenly closed her eyes and the memories of her past life came overwhelmingly.

In all fairness, Shen Qiu as an older brother, really did his best. At first no matter how cold she treated Shen Qiu, he would always be warm to her. Afterwards something happened and Shen Qiu had smeared some young lady's innocence and was forced to marry that young lady as a wife. With that, everything changed. Mistakes were often made in his military work and afterwards he fell down from the horse and broke his leg. Fast-forward, that young lady made Shen Qiu wear a green hat (cuckold). In a fit of anger Shen Qiu killed that adulterer but who knew he was the only Di son of the Minister of Personnel. The Minister submitted an Imperial report and Shen Xin spent most of his fortune to protect Shen Qiu's life but at the end Shen Qiu was found dead in a winter morning. Someone discovered his corpse in the middle of the pond.

At that time Jennie had married to Fu Jong Kai and it was the critical period of the fight for the heir. When she heard of the grievous news, she rushed back to the residence and what she saw was Shen Qiu's deformed corpse that was swollen due to the soak.

Even if she was not close to Shen Qiu but after all they both had the same blood flow in them. She was so hurt and sad that she fell into a serious illness, but Fu Jong Kai sent Shen Xin off to battle at that time.

That cold winter sunshine, that dripping wet body from the pond, Shen Qiu's pale and deformed face compared to the young face that had a touch of smile in front of her, was like a sharp sword that trust into her, making her hard to breath.

Jennie bend down quickly and clutched her chest as she took big gasps of breath.

"Younger Sister!" Shen Qiu jumped in shocked and propped her up before roaring towards outside, "Go call the physician! Quickly! Younger Sister's health is indisposed!"

A hand grabbed onto Shen Qiu's arms. He turned back and saw Jennie standing up as she held his arm before saying, "No need, it was only a lack of strength."

"Younger Sister's health has yet to recover, it is appropriate to invite the physician to take a look." Shen Qiu shook his head and said in a concerned tone.