19• Làzuri Niah Scott

"Three homes got sold." Uncle Vince informed me as I've came to collect my items to get working.

"That's nice." Was all I could say.

"And you'll be working for Mister Pierce full time." The bottle of detergent fell from my hand.

Uncle casted a glimpse at me.

"How? Why?"

"Master Gabriel made the changes. I don't question him, but I heard that you're doing a good job and they might consider live-in in the future." He added and I didn't like the sound of that.

After he warned me to not to only be careful, but that I should remain professional at all times because these people aren't my friends.

As if mih nuh already know dat.

I found myself walking up the hill instead of across to the empty house I should be attending to today.

I mumbled all the way, walking passed the front door to the back, putting the items away before I go see André and make my presents known.

As if him nuh already know mih deh yah.

Mih know him security camara notify him when a human figure inna him yaad.

I changed into my indoor slippers, not knowing where this man is in this mansion.

"Wouldn't affi deh walk roun' like mih lost mih shadow if a dih unoccupied place mih deh clean." I grumbled.

Feeling defeated when I came up empty handed, I hissed.

"Fada gad. Yuh si dem sum'n ya doe." I scoffed. "Neva run dung a man yet inna mih life and mih naw start today."

I heard chucking and I turn to see Saint looking up from the sitting room couch that he was laid on.

"Good morning, Mister Gabriel." I greet him though I'm embarrassed.

"Good morning, Làzuri. An stop call mih suh before yuh mek Navy laugh offa mih." He informed me. "Saint mih name."

I only nod then says. "Do you know where Mister Pierce is?"

"Yuh suppose to call him suh?" He teased and I blushed harder.

"Mih nuh know." I laughed a bit.

"Him locked inna him office still but hey," I looked at him. "Congrats on the job."

"Thanks." I nod before leaving.

I found this man in his office and the door was now opened.

"Mister Pier... Andre." I called as I knocked.

"Coming on in, Làzuri." An that I did.

"Good morning."

"Good morning. Please take a seat." He gestured to the one across from him.

His office was huge, looking just the same as the house except for the lines of gadgets and computers around.

When my ass touched the seat he passes a document over to me. It's thickness had weight and shows the lots of papers in between.

I took it in hand, thanking him before he puts a pen in my reach.

It's a work contact.

"Sir?" I looked up from it to meet his green eyes.

He remains quiet, only blinking in response.

Mih rawse claat.

"I've previously signed a contract through Mister Gabriel." I informed him.