The Aftermath

It had been two weeks since I had gotten out of the hell hole. Steve and I had become very fond of each other's company, I had told dad that I had feelings for him a couple days after we had kissed. I had severe PTSD and I would often end up being comforted by my dad or Steve, but I always found more comfort from Steve weirdly.

My nightmares were horrible, they would always start with me in that horrible room. Then he would come in and repeatedly tell me the horrid things he would tell me while he would touch me. They were always phrases telling me how ugly I was and asking me why I hadn't killed my self yet.

Today I finally got a chance to be alone, I told dad that I had to shave my legs really badly. Dad looked into my eyes and then handed me a razor. I'm not going to lie I do miss the feeling of the razor splitting open my skin,as if each cut released each horrid emotion or memory. I started the bath tub, and put a lot of bubble soap in. I asked JARVIS to play Robert Downey Junior's The Futurist. I stripped and put my foot into the warm bath water. I let out a sigh of relief when I settle down. By now the music is on the third song which is "Kimberly Glide" which is one of my favorites. I grab the shaving gel and shave my legs. Singing along as I did. I finished and unplugged the drain, watching all of the water leaving my sides and going down the drain. I got up and wrapped my self in a towel and the. Walked into my room, in which Steve was sitting or rather sleeping on my bed. I giggle and grab a muscle shirt he had left in my room and a pair of Capri yoga pants and changed in the bathroom. I brushed my hair and threw it up in a bun. I walked out of the bathroom to find Steve awake and anxious. He sees me and starts to cry, I drop what I was holding and run over to him and wipe the tears off of his face.

"Steve, Darling, what's wrong?" Steve says nothing and pulls up the muscle shirt to show my scars. His breath catches, he looks up at me and then traces every scar with his index finger, he looks at me and breathes in.

"Are you still doing this" he asks looking into my eyes. I shake my head no, he sighs out ward. Steve pulls down the muscle shirt down and he stands up. He leans down so only I can hear.

"I love you, I don't care if you don't love yourself I'll teach you. I will help you." I look into his eyes and pull his lips down onto mine, with the kiss I felt more than sparks more like fireworks.