"You've been watching too many dramas again," I replied dismissively.

"Sure, sure. Sooo, who is he?" she questioned once more while picking up another one of the forgotten jump ropes, and placing it back inside the metal cart that I'd dragged into the room at the start of my first class. This one carried the jump ropes and mats, both of which we used today.

I shrugged non-committedly, still debating whether to hide in the back or make a run for the main exit while they were still in the locker room. Except, of course, Riley's incessant poking of my arm reminded me why I'd been considering staying after work in the first place... I needed Jonah's laptop.

"You're just as stubborn as him," I grumbled while swatting her off me, trying to think this through.

"Who?"

"Jonah," I replied while biting the nail of my thumb, sighing under my breath. "Is he still here?"

Riley nodded her head. "Yep. Marissa probably sent him to clean the bathrooms," she pointed out, and I chuckled in response.

I still had a few assignments in different stages of completion, ranging from some that I just needed to proofread to others with instructions I hadn't even bothered to download yet. Although, I could always head back to campus and use the library's computers. Not that heading back to campus sounded all that efficient, but it was always an option. I had my school id on me, so—

"Bennett?" Riley called out, nudging me with one of the rolled-up mats. "Who was the dude we just saw?"

I muttered in protest, quirking my eyebrows in response but not diverting my eyes from the window. How long would it take them in there anyways? Did I have enough time to change before leaving, or would I have to rush out and change when I made it to campus?

"Bennett!"

It wasn't until Riley flung one of the mats at the back of my head that I finally spared her a glare. "Hey—watch it! I already told you; I don't know!"

"He was calling you over," my co-worker countered while threateningly raising another rolled up mat, shifting it from one hand to the other like a make-shift weapon. And it might have been quite convincing... hadn't it been for bright blue PVC foam.

"Me? I doubt it, Riley," I replied defiantly, unwilling to incriminate myself despite how irresolute I felt about any of this. "He was probably just being friendly."

"He waved you over too, before you looked up. And then pointed at me and signaled for me to get your attention—"

"Maybe he needed help from someone who works here!" I brought up... just to haul her back by the scruff of her shirt when she called my bluff and made a beeline for the door.

"If he needs help, I should go, right?" Riley yelled out while struggling in my grasp, reaching back to grab a hold of my wrist and yank me off her.

"He's probably talking to Marissa as we speak; don't even worry about it," I assured her through gritted teeth, apprehensive as ever. "Stop prying, Riley! That's Jonah's job!"

"We share responsibility," she called out while trying to run off, only stopping once I dazedly stumbled against her from the exertion. "Fine, fine. I'll stop... but only because you seem really tired. And your ankle, of course."

Even then, I made sure to stand between her and the main exit.

"He mouthed your name, y'know?"