Ch. 7: Romeo

-Mason-

Somehow, I'd gone from discreetly Bennett-watching from a distance to actually knowing the guy within the span of a single day; I felt dizzy from the whiplash, my mind still buzzing with excitement despite how long it took me to find a spot in the student parking lot when I finally made it back to the dorms.

Usually, I would've spent the entire time cursing under my breath, but I couldn't even find it in myself to be bothered.

I slid into the space another vehicle had just left and turned off the car with a deep sigh, immediately relaxing back against my seat. I lazily leaned my head back against the headrest, yawning before picking up my phone from the middle compartment. I didn't even want to get down, somewhat enjoying the uneventful silence of just sitting there by myself. However, I'd probably get an earful from Eric if I didn't hurry up; he'd asked me to bring him some energy drinks hours ago, among other snacks.

That was the only reason I'd even headed to the store after working out.

Huh, I'd have to thank him for that.

I leisurely stepped out of the comfort of my car, taking down the groceries in a single trip because my legs would probably fall off otherwise. I'd gone a bit hard at the gym today under the assumption that I'd head back home right after.

Not that I was complaining. But there was also such bone-deep exhaustion just heavily weighing on my shoulders, patiently waiting for the adrenaline rush to wear out so it could knock me the hell out.

Still, I couldn't have wiped the stupid, dopey grin off my face even if I'd tried. I caught a flew glimpses of it while heading back, taunting me from a few reflective surfaces here and there. But... who cared? To hell with everyone that saw me walking back to my room in a daze and wondered if I'd won the lottery.

It felt like I had.

I was halfway through opening my door when I finally realized I'd also taken down the box of condoms in my excitement, casually carrying it through campus. Damn it; the dorm supervisor would've probably had a fit if they saw me walking around with it so nonchalantly.

I frowned down at the box. What was I supposed to do with these anyway?

And almost in defiance, my traitorous mind provided me with visual cues of exactly what I could do with them. It brutally ran through dozens of scenarios within seconds, from how soft Bennett's lips would feel against mine to how beautifully he'd moan for me as I spread him open, greedily dragging my tongue along his beautiful, brown skin before finally caving to his whiny pleas and—

"Shit," I yelped while toppling to the ground, realizing I'd slammed my foot against the corner of my bed frame. I grumbled under my breath as I shoved the shoe off and massaged my foot, looking around and making sure nothing was leaking from any of the scattered groceries.

"Hey, buddy, are you okay?" Eric called out while wheeling himself over, not even bothering to get off his damn chair. "You should really look where you're heading—ooh, what's that in your hand?"

"Nothing!" I retorted while hastily shoving the box into the lower drawer on my nightstand, glaring up at him from where I was still sprawled on my ass. I ignored his knowing smirk altogether, trying to pick up the rest of the groceries which had spilled from the bag. I didn't even bother getting up, just shoving them into Eric's hand so he could put them away in our designated "snacks" area right over the mini fridge.

"Oh, so we're feeling hopeful, then?" he asked enthusiastically while putting them away, stacking the perishables in the mini-fridge, and putting the bagged snacks on the drawer we had on top of it. "Attaboy! See, I knew you could do it! When's the first date? Where are you taking him?"