Gu Siyu chuckled.

Huo Junxian said, "You must come and keep me company."

Gu Siyu yawned and replied, "What if I don't?"

There was no immediate response. Gu Siyu was patient. Unable to see the other person's expression, she speculated that Huo Junxian must be quite angry right now but didn't want others to notice. She was trying her best to maintain a calm expression, yet her ears gave away the telltale signs of blushing.

"I'll be very angry, very angry. I might do some not-so-nice things." Huo Junxian's voice was deep and she lowered it, which only made Gu Siyu happier. It seemed like Huo Junxian was playfully throwing a tantrum at her! Quite entertaining.

Gu Siyu chuckled lightly.

Huo Junxian continued, "Gu Siyu, actually, I have a bit of a temper."

After tidying up, Gu Siyu rode her motorcycle through the city. She was indeed busy, inspecting the market and later returning He Xiao's call. By the time she was done, it was scorching hot in the late afternoon, leaving her no choice but to postpone the meal with her. If He Xiao called, Gu Siyu wouldn't answer, saying her motorcycle had run out of fuel and she needed to refuel.

After refueling, she ended up near Huo Junxian's house. With a full tank of gas, her motorcycle had much more power. She pressed the doorbell outside and stood there, the two of them looking at each other through the iron gate. Gu Siyu still didn't mention that she wanted to come in.

Last night's kiss seemed to linger, only the darkness had turned into daylight. Huo Junxian opened the door, and Gu Siyu had brought a bag with her. As Huo Junxian walked out, Gu Siyu got off her motorcycle, shaking the bag in her hand and addressing the Teddy behind Huo Junxian, "Little Eunuch, I've brought a gift for you."

The small dog immediately ran over, fixating its gaze on Gu Siyu's handbag. Gu Siyu squatted down, reaching into the bag and pulling out its contents. Teddy eagerly nudged her hand with its head. Gu Siyu then took out a wig from the box.

Teddy's small eyes widened.

The fluorescent green twin ponytails were quite eye-catching. Teddy instinctively felt that it wasn't something good and backed away. Gu Siyu held its back, forcefully putting the wig on its head.

Teddy shook its head, but Gu Siyu just laughed, finding it cute. "Don't shake it off. It suits you well and looks great."

However, laughing too loudly appeared rather malicious. Huo Junxian saw Gu Siyu's changed expression, her mood somewhat darkening. She was quite angry about Gu Siyu's antics with her dog. Gu Siyu cleared her throat and said, "Isn't this to boost its self-esteem? I've seen other dogs wearing wigs like this."

Huo Junxian removed the wig, and Teddy crouched on the ground as if it had finally caught its breath.

Gu Siyu put the wig back into the bag. "If you don't like it, forget it."

Turning to leave, Gu Siyu noticed Teddy following her. It looked fierce, scaring people one moment, and pitiful, tugging at the heartstrings, the next. Gu Siyu thought, if Huo Junxian learned from Teddy and put on a pitiful act, she'd gladly suffer even being burnt to a crisp.

Gu Siyu could feel that she was starting to resist Huo Junxian. She was drawn to her, but then she was trying hard to avoid her rationally. In the past, if they had kissed like they did yesterday, she would have definitely taken her right then and there. But now, it felt strange and unfamiliar.

Damn it.

Spending one more minute with Huo Junxian felt like facing eternal damnation.

Every time she rode her motorcycle far, it didn't take long for her to ride back. Huo Junxian was used to it. Waiting at the door, she asked in a somewhat silly manner, "Why do you always ride for a bit and then come back?"