삼십 삼 - last glance

I woke up early with a heavy heart, knowing that Mingyu was upset with me. I got up to make breakfast for him in an attempt to mend things between us. I went to the kitchen and decided to make his favorite meal. "Ah I hope he likes it" I mumbled to myself.

As I set the table, I anxiously waited for him to come out of his room, I rested my head on my arm in the mean time, closing my eyes. Through my sleep, I heard footsteps approaching, he finally came. I quickly woke up and stood in front of him.
"Mingyu, I made kimchi-jjigae for you. We used to always eat this together remember."
He glanced at me and then the food and simply walked past without a word.
My heart sank as he ignored my efforts.
"You need to eat you will feel hungry later, stop being so stubborn."
He didn't respond and just continued walking, leaving me standing there feeling rejected. I sighed, trying not to let my emotions overwhelm.

I followed him to his room, hoping to talk to him and sort things out. I knocked on his door softly, but there was no answer. I opened the door slightly and peeked inside. He was sitting on his bed, looking at his phone. He's texting someone, but I couldn't see who. He looked up and saw me, his expression turning cold.
"What do you want?" he asked harshly.
"I just wanted to see if you're okay. You haven't eaten anything, and you look tired." I said gently, trying to sound concerned.
"I'm fine. Leave me alone." he snapped, turning his attention back to his phone.
I felt a pang of hurt in my chest, but I didn't give up. I walked into his room and sat next to him on the bed. He moved away from me, as if I was contagious.
"Y/n, please leave me alone. Im getting tired of you and your lies. I need time to sort my mind out, and you coming every five seconds near me is not helping."
I saw a notification light up on his screen at the same time. It was Sohee.
Sohee:
Baby, I miss you.. when are you coming back

I rolled my eyes as I saw that message and Mingyu noticed it to. He glanced at his phone, then at me, seeming a bit uncomfortable.

"Look, I don't want to deal with this right now, I have some pending work to do and papers to sign. So please leave me alone." he said, his tone a mix of frustration and exhaustion.

I nodded. "I get it."  I stood up and left his room without saying anything else. He glanced at me while leaving and sighed.

I went back into the living room and sat on the couch. What should I do right now. I grabbed my phone as I saw a message from Lia.
"How's your holiday going ;))"
I sighed as I saw her message.
"Horrible."
"What! Why?"
"I told Mingyu the entire truth. He knows everything now."
"Shut up. Why! What did he say?"
"He has been avoiding me ever since. He said he is fed up of my lies. If only he understood what situation I was in back then. But he is just so damn adamant."
"Y/n, on his side I get that he might need time to process everything but if he truly cares about you he will understand why you did that and forgive and forget. If he doesn't y/n, you truly deserve so much better."
"I don't know anymore. I am getting headache."
"Don't worry. Stop thinking about it. Go get some coffee, go for a walk. Idk, just get some fresh air."
"I need that coffee right now. I will talk to you later. Love you."
"Love you too."
I shut my phone and got up to make myself a coffee. "Hm should I make one for him to?" I mumbled while getting the mugs out. "Ok, I will"
I brewed the blend and poured the coffee into the mug and added sugar. I carried the mug carefully and headed to his room.
I knocked on the door softly, but there was no answer. I opened the door slightly and peeked inside. He was sitting on the bed, typing furiously on his laptop. He looked focused and serious, but also tired and tense.
He didn't notice me as I entered the room quietly. I walked towards him and reached the mug in front of his face.
"I made coffee for you. You need a break." I said gently, trying to sound cheerful.
He looked up and saw me, his expression unreadable.
"What are you doing here?" he asked tiredly.
"I just wanted to see you. Now drink it, you need it. " I said.
He glanced at the mug, then at me, then at the mug again.
He sighed and rolled his eyes.
"Y/n, you know I don't drink coffee when I'm working. It makes me jittery and distracted," he said impatiently.
"Why are you lying? I always see you drinking coffee in the office."
He widened his eyes and turned his attention back to his laptop.
"Whatever. Just leave me alone. I have a lot of work to do," he said dismissively.
"Okay," I said softly.
I picked up the mug and turned to leave.
But as I did, I tripped over a wire on the floor and lost my balance.
I gasped as I fell forward, spilling the hot coffee all over the bed and his laptop.
And himself.
He screamed as the liquid burned his skin and soaked his clothes.
He jumped out of the bed and glared at me furiously.
"What the hell, y/n!" he yelled.
His reaction through me off guard.
He looked at his clothes and skin, which were wet and red from the heat and then looked at me with rage and disbelief.
"I-I am so s-sorry. I didn't mean to. I'll clean it up wait." I stammered, feeling scared and guilty.
I pulled out multiple tissues from the box and went towards him hurriedly trying to rub off the coffee stains. He grabbed onto my arms, pushing it away.
"Don't touch anything, y/n. You've done enough damage already," he said angrily.

"I said I'm sorry," I whispered, my voice shaky. "I really didn't mean for this to happen."

He glared at me, his anger not subsiding. "Sorry doesn't fix everything, y/n. You're always causing problems."

"I can't believe you right now."

He sighed and shook his head. "You know what, y/n? I'm done. I'm done with you and your clumsiness."
I looked at him with disbelief and horror.
"What are you saying?" I asked, hoping he was joking.
He looked at me with coldness and indifference.
"I wish you could just leave me and alone and never come back. My life was peaceful before you came back. So please, I beg you. Just get out." He said calmly as he pressed onto his forehead.

Tears welled up in my eyes, by the unfairness of his words overwhelming me. I turned away, trying to hide my emotions from him, but I knew he saw.

"Fine, if that's what you want, I will leave your life and never come back." I said quietly trying hard not to let my sobs out.

I grabbed my suitcase and packed my clothes and belongings. My vision was blurry, I had no clue what I was throwing into my bag. I zipped up my suitcase and headed to the door. I looked at him once last time, hoping he would stop me.
"Where are you going?" he asked, his voice emotionless.
"I'm leaving," I said, trying to sound calm.
"Leaving? Where?" he asked, his voice still flat.
"Like you care" I said.
He shrugged and turned his attention back to his laptop.
"Fine. Go ahead. Leave me alone. Never come back. See if I care," he said, his voice bitter.
I felt a pang of hurt in my chest, but I didn't show it.
"Goodbye, Mingyu," I said coldly.
I walked out of the house and left him behind. I didn't look back. I didn't care, I just wanted to get away. Away from him.