Chapter 12 - A Dizzying Banquet

I was ecstatic over my success at making my second spell card, so much so that I started tightly hugging the paper talisman to my chest.

'I did it! I finally did it! My power in battles has doubled! I won't go down that easily anymore!' I celebrated in my head.

"What are you so excited about, lil sis?" sis asked while she peeked her head over my shoulders.

"Woah, when did you get here sis?" I started back in surprise.

"Just now! I used my ability to hide myself to surprise you!" She answered while showing a mischievous grin. "Your reaction made that so worth it!"

I became a little angry at her comment, and I slightly puffed up my cheek. "You shouldn't do that sis!"

"Why not? It's fun to see your surprised face, also, it makes you look cuter than you normally are!" She responded while her grin widened.

I blushed at her comment and allowed the air inside my cheek to disperse. "*sigh* fine, do what you want I guess." I reluctantly accepted that she would continue doing this.

"Yay!" Sis cheerfully yelled.

Just then, the other three entered the room and came over to where sis and I were. I still held out the paper talisman that I was clutching to my chest outwards to show my family what I had just done.

"I created my second spell card!" I proudly announced to my family. I saw all their eyes move to the talisman that I held out for them and they all began to smile. They all congratulated me. A fluttery feeling appeared in my chest and tears of joy threatened to spill out of my eyes. I brought all my family into a hug.

"Thank you all for everything that you have done for me!" I smiled at them with the brightest smile I could muster while trying my best not to cry.

"No problem lil sis! We'll always be there for you!" Sis affirmed me.

"Of course, Ayaka, anything to help you." Big sis told me.

"It's natural, you are part of our family so we will do anything we can to help you," Orin added.

"Feel free to rely on us for anything you need!" Okuu encouraged me.

Hearing all their responses, the tears that were building in my eyes started to fall. "Thank you all so much!" I once again smiled at them even though my eyes were leaking tears. I tightened my hug and each of my family did the same to me. After a while, the tears stopped and I slowly released my hug. Noticing this, my family also released me from the hug and instead started to pet the ears on top of my head.

My senses were flooded with pleasure and I leaned my head into their hands. I started purring again and felt a comforting warm sensation spreading through my body. My tail started to swish back and forth quickly.

"Hey lil sis, do you mind if I pet your tail?" I heard sis ask me.

"Mhmm?" I mumbled while my head was still in the clouds from comfort.

"I'll take that as a yes then!" Sis said before reaching her hands toward my tail.

I felt her hands gently grab my tail and slowly move up and down it. "Mhmm!" I gasped in surprise. I was assaulted by an even more pleasant sensation and I closed my eyes to enjoy the sensation more.

"Alright, that's enough for now, if we keep going, then I'd imagine we'd be here for days without stopping." I heard big sis tell everyone.

I then stopped feeling their hands on my ears and tail and soon afterwards, the pleasant sensation started to disappear. I did not want it to disappear so I leaned towards their retracting hands, but I couldn't reach them because of my small height. I stood on my tippy-toes, but even then, I couldn't reach them because they each put their hands into the air.