Chapter 5 - Danmaku

A/N: forgot to mention last chapter that the tail is a fox tail... so yeah. Anyways here's the next chapter. Also the first half of this chapter will be more slice-of-life-ish with the introduction of a new character as well as a tour of the palace. The action will begin about half-way through the chapter.

'W-well, that was an embarrassing outburst. I can't believe I did that in front of someone who doesn't know me too well. I-I hope Koishi doesn't think of me as a narcissist...' I reflected on what had just occurred.

"Hehehe, you are a funny person! I heard from big sis that you were a human before, what did you look like?" Koishi suddenly asked while tilting her head.

'S-she's asking me a question? I should probably respond in turn then.' I thought to myself before noticing an irregularity. 'Wait, if she was beside me when I was unconscious during my evolution, shouldn't she have seen it then? I should ask her about this. Here it goes...'

"D-didn't y-you s-see m-me w-when I-I was u-unconscious?" I asked her, trying to clear up the doubt that I had in my mind.

"I couldn't! You were wrapped up in threads, like a cocoon! When the cocoon disappeared, you already looked like that!" Koishi cheerfully responded.

"D-did y-you a-ask S-satori or Orin w-what I l-looked like, t-they b-both s-saw me b-before." I questioned her.

"Yep! But neither of them could remember how you looked, so I thought I'd ask you!" Koishi answered.

'Weird, so both of them forgot how I looked? I'd be less suspicious if it were only one of them; however, both of them simultaneously lost the memory of my human appearance. Perhaps the person who sealed my memories also sealed parts of theirs. That doesn't seem logical to me though because the person would likely have to be close by to seal memories. Or is it possible that the ability could work remotely, perhaps as a sort of curse. Could it be that my old body was cursed so that people would immediately forget about my appearance, similar to how Koishi's ability worked. Instead of my existence being erased from memories, it was only my appearance. If this is the case, then how powerful would this person be?' I hypothesized while trying to think of ways I could grow even stronger. 'I should test what I am currently capable of later. Anyways, I should probably give a proper answer to Koishi's question now.'

"W-well, I-I d-don't r-remember e-either." I responded.

Hearing my answer, Koishi began to smile even more. "Cool! Do you have an ability that makes it so that your appearance is forgotten by everyone including yourself when they don't see you?! You could always surprise yourself by how cute you look after you forget!" She looked at me with her eyes glowing in excitement.

My cheeks flushed in embarrassment having been reminded of my earlier actions and by her honest compliments. "W-w-well n-n-not e-e-exactly. I-it's n-not m-my a-ability, I-I t-think i-it's a c-curse p-pl-placed on m-me." I meekly responded, stuttering more than I usually did because of my embarrassment.

Koishi tilted her head. "A curse? By who?" She asked upon hearing my thoughts on the phenomenon.

I took a few moments to recover from my embarrassment before answering her question. "I-I d-don't k-know. S-someone p-powerful f-for s-sure." I responded with my usual voice and stutter.

"Hmmm, interesting!" She jovially responded.

'I probably should ask her where I am now. I've wanted to ask this for a while, but never really had a chance to until now because of Koishi's antics.'

"H-hey, K-Koishi, w-where a-are w-we right now?" I asked in a quiet voice.

"We are currently in the unused bedroom in the royal chambers in the palace! Do you want me to give me a tour of the palace?" She started to pull me towards the doorway by the hem of my dress.