All Things Fall Apart. (Part 1).

For whom is it well, for whom is it well? There is no one for whom it is well.

-Chinua Achebe

****

𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒚𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔, 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒔, 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕. 𝑰𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅.

*****
The night was cold, and the rain splattered against four year old Emi's coat as the raindrops wet her face.

There was blood on it as well.

The blood was not hers.

She was staring down at the two bodies in front of her, lifeless and unmoving. Their raincoats were the same colors as hers. they were all she could remember.

"Darling, don't look at them. Come along with Daddy."

A man with dreadlocks and a different raincoat held his hand out to Emi.

His eyes glinted in the dark, entrancing Emi.

Her boots squelching in the mud, her tiny hand took his large, rough one.

They walked off, leaving the two corpses behind.

****

Emi woke up with a start, almost knocking Miles off the bed they had decided to share last night.

(For your information, they just cuddled, so before you start, DON'T).

His arms were still wrapped around her, and had been holding on so securely that he hadn't been that shaken by what just happened.

Half awake, Miles mumbled in a sleepy voice.

"Amor, what happened? You had a bad dream?"
He yawned, opening his eyes a bit wider now. Emi glanced at the window and saw the sun was now rising, meaning it was pretty early.

She sighed, relaxing her body again and snuggling back into Miles arms.

"Yeah."

He was fully awake now and lay looking at Emi's face, smiling softly. He started to play with her hair, which had been let loose the previous night.

The slowly rising sun didn't put much light on the room, but he could still make out her face.

"What was it about?"
He murmured, looking her in the eyes.

She looked away, furrowing her eyebrows.

She was worried about something, he could tell.

"I don't know, I've been having it for a while now, some dream with my dad taking me away from this really gory scene......I don't really want to go into detail. It's just...trippy, and not in a good way."

Miles nodded, listening as Emi spoke.

"If you don't want to go into details, it's fine, but you never know. All dreams have meaning. You should look into it, OK?"

Emi smiled at Miles, nodding, and then smirked.

"Look at you, getting all philosophical and shit." She giggled.

Miles rolled his eyes and sat up on the bed, prompting Emi to do the same. He then pulled her closer and sat on his lap, facing the window.

He placed his head on her shoulder.

"Emi?"
"Hm?"
"I need to tell you something."
"Sure, Gonzalo, tell me anything.

He started to say something, stopped, and switched what he had in his head to a different question.