"Nope," he said, cutting you off. That was your last resort if he doesn't feel better throughout the day, you're really going to alter his memories of what happened earlier. At least only the part where that woman says that to him.

You and Hawks headed to the living area and started looking for schools for the twins throughout the rest of the afternoon.

Luckily, you and Hawks found the perfect school for the twins with good reviews from students and parents alike.

"Should we visit the school?" you asked, stretching your limbs after sitting down for hours. You had a short break during dinner and right after the kids fell asleep, you and Hawks went back to the living area to browse schools again and it's almost midnight now.

"Sure, let's bring the twins too," he said, standing up.

"Yeah, that's a great id—" You were cut off when Hawks suddenly leaned towards you and swept you off the couch. "Hey, what are you doing?"

"Carrying my wife," he answered like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Well, it is, since he's already carrying you as he walks upstairs.

"But I can walk on my own."

"I just wanna carry you."

You felt like he wanted something more than just carrying you. "Nope, put me down."

"Sure, once we get to our bed."

Hawks opened the door and pushed it close before he walked to the bed and just as he said, he put you down but you should have known that he wouldn't just put you down. Because Hawks sat on the edge of the bed, his hands propped on either side of you while you lay flat on the sheet.

"But we just did it last ni—" You were cut off again when you felt his lips on your forehead and you closed your eyes just to feel his soft lips pressing on your forehead a bit longer than you expected before Hawks leaned back.

"Thank you for getting angry on my behalf," he said and you opened your eyes to look at him. "You don't know how much I was holding myself back from hurting someone earlier."

All because he needed to uphold his reputation as a Pro Hero which was one of the things that bothered him earlier. But you had said everything he couldn't say and for that, he was really thankful that you were there.

You watch as he pushes himself up, but before he could stand up, you wrap your arms around his shoulders, holding him in place.

"That's it? Just a forehead kiss?" you asked, averting your gaze to the side.

"But weren't you saying we just did it last night?" Hawks asked, the side of his lips turning up in a small smirk.

"But not even a kiss on the lips..." you muttered.

Looking at you lying flat on your back while you look anywhere else but at him and with your lips slightly pursed, Hawks could barely hold himself back.

With his elbow propped on the bed for support, he used his other hand, his fingers under your chin to make you look back at him before he parted your lips slightly with his thumb then he leaned down, closing the gap between you two and you felt his lips on top of your lips. Soft and gentle before you nibbled on his lower lip and the kiss turned rougher and sensual.

The next day during breakfast, you and Hawks told the twins that you'll be visiting the school they'll be transferring to. They were more than happy to come.

Hawks had already informed the Principal and when you all got to the school, he's already waiting outside the gates which surprised you because you thought he'd be waiting in his office.

"Welcome," he said, opening his arms like he's waiting for a hug before he laughed. He's a small man with a big belly and a burst of laughter that sounded like Christmas. You shouldn't be surprised when the twins almost flew up to him. "Welcome, Hawks."

"You know him?" you asked Hawks discreetly.

He leaned to your side a bit. "I kind of saved his life before."

No wonder he's more than happy to welcome your sons at the gate. He even went out of his way to give you all a tour around the school. He already knew about what happened to the twins as Hawks already told him, and the Principal assured you that bullying is never tolerated in his school.

You were all walking back to the office to finalize a few papers when Hawks got a call and he excused himself for a moment.

He looked at who's calling and saw that it's the Commission. It was a short statement as soon as he answered the call.

They want Hawks to go to the HQ.

"Y/n," he called when he got back, taking out his key fob. "The Commission called, they want me to go to HQ. I don't know how long they need me there for, so if I'm not back, take the car and be careful on the road."

"Sure," you said, taking the key fob. You didn't ask anything and Hawks gave you a peck on the lips when no one was looking before he headed outside.

But he should have known then, that the urgency of the Commission's call had something to do with you. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃