.𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

Začít od začátku

Rhea grinned. "Well, I'm not complaining. I'm all for having a well-stocked kitchen right at our fingertips."

Their laughter filled the air, a stark contrast to the tension and fear that had been hanging over them for the past few days. They were safe here, away from the threats and danger that Joseph Luther posed. Evangeline couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude towards Damien for his generosity and concern. His man explained to them the security codes and they knew that their bodyguard Keith was just outside the house door and one call away. Damien asked them to have another bodyguard for Rhea but the girls suggested that one was enough.

The girls walked out of the kitchen to the window again, with coffee mugs in their hands.

Evie looked at her best friend, her eyes filled with a mix of curiosity and concern. "How are you holding up, Rhea? I know this whole situation has been overwhelming."

Rhea let out a sigh, her gaze still fixed on the city. "Honestly, Evie, I'm still trying to process everything. The fact that Joseph did all of this only because he lost the case, the realization that our lives were at risk because of me... It's a lot to take in."

"Hey, Listen to me - it's not because of you. That man is sick, he cannot think straight. We know what he was to his wife, he is a dangerous man. You cannot blame yourself for his deeds. You were only doing your job."

Rhea was grateful she had Evie by her side.

"Damien went all out for us," Rhea said, her eyes shining with gratitude. "I don't know how to thank him enough. He got injured the other day. He wasn't even supposed to look out for me, he was hired for you. But -"

"How stupid can you be?" Evie interrupted. "Since the day he was employed for my security, it was obvious he was signed on for yours as well. I'm sure he knew that already."

"He sure did," Rhea smiled. "Aunt Ana must've told him about the package deal, Evangeline and Rhea."

"She just can't hide anything from him. I feel like he has become her best friend. She has to spill it all out, everything." The princess rolled her eyes.

"That is because the Queen is always worried about her daughter. Damien has to know everything. I'm sure, by now he knows you better than you know yourself."

"And that scares the shit out of me." Evie sighed.

Rhea chuckled. "Well, maybe it's about time someone else comes in and tries to know you. I'm tired of handling you alone."

Evie hit her arm. "You'll never get tired of me. I know you."

"Maybe I will someday. I'll get bored of the usual life, give up litigation and one day I'll find a guy, fall in love, get married and settle in a remote village, have kids, and just live a simple life."

Evie gave her an eye. "You will hire me as the nanny for your kids. Wherever you go, I'll follow."

"Instead, I suggest you start working on your fairy tale story. I want my Royal godchildren," Rhea passed a playful smirk. "All of that, by the time I turn thirty."

"I cannot produce five babies by then. My clock is ticking." Evie laughed.

"I don't care. You promised me my five godchildren. Start working on them, Princess," Rhea's bossy tone made them burst out into laughter. "In fact, I know just the right person who can help you." She winked at the Princess who stood there confused.

"Damien."

Evie choked on her breath and spit out the coffee she had just taken a sip of, her eyes widening in surprise.