12 (2) - Supplication

[All]

In the dark dawn, numerous policemen surrounded the area around the district chief's house. Almost all the entrance and exit roads had been closed. The only thing they were still waiting for was the warrant that would authorize them to legally break in. Although Don had photographic evidence of the girls who had been kidnapped and kept in that house, he still could not clearly say where the girls were kept and who their guardian was. In addition, the evidence of trading and distribution of illegal goods was still unclear, so much so that they were unable to press charges until they had concrete evidence.

They had obtained the search warrant from the court with jurisdiction in the North Central, where they would search. In addition, the case had to do with numerous abducted girls, and this made officers from the foundations and hospitals being sent from the central region to follow him.

Don led the inspection team inside. Even though all of Inpha's men had escaped capture, the officers had closed all roads. These lackeys, however, were just minions who knew nothing. They had only been ordered to keep an eye on the area of the main house and the small one away from there.

In the house where Don had found Saai several nights earlier there were still many girls kept hidden awaiting a painful death, while a number of them were being prepared to be transferred to cars to leave the area. That way, however, Don would no longer find Saai in that house. In addition, Inpha and her daughter, along with her closest men, had escaped before their arrival.

Saai had told Don that she had written her name, surname, date and signature on a wooden panel under a drawer to prove that she had been kidnapped and taken there. Now Don was bewildered and did not know how to search for Saai. Even though he had been gathering information about Inpha for almost a month, the old man still did not trust him to do anything but take care of security.

He had never told him about the safe house that was used during transfers of the illegal goods. Worse, if father and daughter crossed the Thai border into Laos, they would be safely hidden. Having Saai as collateral would no longer have been necessary....

Nothing had gone as he had expected, and Don was panicking about the situation that had arisen. If Din had known, he certainly would not have sat idly by.

....

Before spending the night on Phu Soi Dao, he had called home to ask about Saai and her parents. Neither of them suspected anything or knew anything, so much so that they had said they would visit her in Khonkaen, because they could not reach her either.

Trr.... Trr...

[The number you have dialed is not currently reachable.]

"..." Hin frowned. He had returned home and found no one. He had called his parents, but he kept hearing that message.

"Can't you reach them?" asked Ken as soon as the younger man placed the phone on the table.

"Hmm... I'm getting worried. Saai not answering me is normal, but my parents have never missed a call from me."

"Maybe their cell phone is dead, don't worry too much. Now we have to wait for Don to send us some news. We will be able to get Inpha this time."

Ken looked at the time on his watch, angrily. After separating that evening, Don and Dim had gone to do their work at the same time. They had begged Din to stay calm since he had returned, only to sit in the room all the time. Ken knew Din would realize there was trouble, and they would have to make a decision.

Hin leaned close to Ken to whisper in his ear, "What can we do? I was already worried about Saai, now my parents are on top of it. The worst thing is the bomb ready to go off at any moment. If he knew I couldn't contact my parents, civil war would break out."