'trust me'

"life here seems so zestless so monotone, full of despair no smiles nor laughs to be heard; I see no euphoria or joy in anyone, only anguish and dejection, only ones who try endure...' worth it' they say.

Perhaps it's fate that none of them wants to fly, including me;  only ones that hear the call of the martinet, never have I felt so requisite to cause a vagary, how much my hiraeth take me back I plead.

maybe I'm not made to fly, never to touch the sky, its fate only fate. I want to return to that little meadow, sit under that little tree and write another but filled with liberty."

I close the book bitterly, my body ached everywhere. I can assure you they treat their horses animals better than they treat us. It's been I don't know how long and I'm losing my mind, I feel so lost. I can only hear people screaming in the pain they must endure here; their only excuse is "You're a soldier, act like one". Sleep now feels like a luxury and yet I don't want it, I want to go home...go home and hear Haelyn tease me again one more time, feel mothers warmth as I embrace her in a hug. The bruises on me don't make any of this seem 'worth it'. I came here to give them a better life and shall only return once we have it, the wounds on my body don't hurt as much as hunger and I need to realize it before I think about leaving. 

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling hardly visible, only the moonlight outside being the source of any light. I amble towards the window and looked outside, the moon stood still in all its beauty glowing brightly, and the stars gathered around her in admiration. I look to the distance covered by trees that stretch for as far as my eyes can see. I gaze back inside to see Silas and Felix sound asleep. Silas refused to eat supper today because he thinks sleep is far more precious here. Who wouldn't say so with the hell they put us through? I on the other hand simply couldn't sleep, it was ridiculous but I just couldn't, I felt like I can't breathe in here; I must get out somehow. I took one of the lanterns available, slowly opening the wooden door and gently closing it behind me as I look around for any mindless soul such as I that could be around at this time of day. The corridor was dark, a few lit lamps lighting the way. I made my way down the ramps and reached the first level, here it was different; servants and maids all ran around cleaning and tidying the enormous hall. I had to make sure none of them saw me, not that it will matter but to see a man sneaking around at forbidden hours of the day, and that too in palace grounds certainly won't give me a good reputation. I snuck past the hall entrance and slowly made my way near the main entrance but stopped dead to see two soldiers standing outside laughing and chatting who I assumed were assigned guarding duty for tonight 'How could I forget' I curse myself and walked back, I will not be kept alive if they saw me. I walk to the first level feeling defeated and told myself ill get to bed somehow but then look to the end of the corridor to see the windows leading outside. I can't think of why I felt this was a good idea, I look down and checked if ill be alive if I jumped, and turned out I certainly will be.

"good Lord" I shout under my breath as I look at my palms that were most definitely scratched. I leaned against the wall happy I made it out and not a single soul knew 'Now what' I thought turning around and looking at the opening I climbed out of when I felt a tap on my shoulder.  I cursed myself and was prepared to let a screeching scream if it was one of the guards and run around like a madman so they would take me home cause I was not stable. "isn't it quite late to be jumping out windows?" the deep voice sent shivers down my back and immediately recognized who it was. I slowly turned around to see Elysian's face glowing from the light emitting from the lantern. I stared at him shook but I wasn't sure if it was because I got caught jumping out the window in god forbid hours of the day or if it was because I was lost by how this man looked. His dark hazel eyes shone under the yellow light and I could feel myself fall into them, perfect was not enough here as his face was sculpted indefectibly almost too good to be real. His honey-colored skin looked flawless and his jaw was prominent but subtle. 'he is sculpted by Venus herself' I thought as my eyes locked in his which demanded an answer "Are you well?" grabs my shoulder pulling me out of whatever trance I was in "Gramercy! I didn't mean any wrong sir, I just couldn't sleep so I came out for some fresh air" I panicked "A walk at midnight?" emphasizing the midnight "That too out the window" he questions and stood ashamed "There were guards at the entrance and I feared they wouldn't let me go or worse think I'm up to something" he chuckles "are you up to something" I shook my head aggressively "no never" he sighs "alright then...where are you off to anyways?" and I dint know how to respond because...I just didn't know "I'm not quite sure, maybe just walk around the dormitory?" he raises his eyebrows with a smirk "And get caught by other men, you don't want them to think you are in the middle of thievery...would you?" I gasp "No, no...never "since you Mr..." he pauses "It's Niran Allard sir" he nods "Niran huh? beautiful name and the owner is just as charming too" he says with so much ease I almost choked on air. As intimidating as he looked, he didn't seem to be angry at what I did, but he didn't look like someone who would let something like this left unpunished.