One | #HersheysMode

I envy those who have the freedom to do whatever they want

It was always strange to me. I was so used to others controlling my life that I forgot who I was.

I never cared until now. I saw my friends doing what they love, liking who they like, and being happy. I wish I could do that.

I want to go to places I never could. Yet I can't. I want to visit Star City, the Mall of Asia, or some beach without certain people hovering over me like hawks.

I sighed and kicked a rock angrily. It was then that I heard it. "Hey! Wait up!" I heard someone shout.

"Yes? Can I help you?" I asked the little boy standing in front of me. "Yeah, take this," he said. The young boy handed me an envelope and a small paper bag. "Hey, look up!"

I looked up at the sky and saw nothing, and when I turned to look at him, he was gone.

Strange.

I opened the envelope and took out the piece of paper that was in it.

I've known you for years. You are amazing. You may not see it, but I do. I remember the day we first met. You were eating chocolate. Hershey's chocolate, to be exact. I remember you went home and wrote about it, then sent me a message showing what you wrote. I smiled so hard that day. Now tell me, do you love the feeling of writing? I know you do. So do it. You are in control. You always have been and always will be in control. Now I'll have to be nice to you; I don't want to end up in your novel as a villain, do I? Anyway, do it. Do what you love. Write it down on paper or scream it out to the world. You are in control. We are the ones who live.

-You know who I am.

It was all true. I was in control, and I always have been. I was too blind to see it. I smiled to myself and opened the paper bag. I laughed when I saw it. Two Hershey's bars.

And now I found myself sitting in front of my laptop, writing the 55th chapter of my book while eating Hershey's. I smiled, thinking about the encounter I had a few months ago. It was incredibly life-changing. And he was right—we are the ones who live.

 And he was right—we are the ones who live

Freedom | #HersheysModeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara