"Who are you," he demanded.

You chuckled. "Yeah, I supposed you wouldn't recognize me like this." You put your hair up and grabbed the mask you had used in the sand and put it on. Before you spoke, you changed your voice to a different pitch. "How about now?"

Gaara stepped back and his eyes slightly widened. His siblings gasped.

"You... what are you?" Kankuro yelled. "Are you a traitor to the sand?! What are you doing in the Hidden Leaf?! You were a spy, weren't you?! How did-" You placed a finger over his mouth and clicked your tongue.

"How about you let me explain, instead of just screaming like a lunatic. First of all, I never had any intentions of being loyal to the sand, so there's no way I could betray them. Second, I live in the Hidden Leaf. And no, I didn't go to the sand to spy. If I wanted to spy, you wouldn't have known I was there, and I wouldn't have stayed there for a year. I went there to learn about things like the Puppet Master jutsu and different poisons and their antidotes. Why was I allowed to stay there? Because I'm also from the Hidden Sand, like you." You crossed your arms. "And, because I could very easily blackmail the Fourth Kazekage, if i wanted to. I didn't take much to get his permission to stay there."

"Blackmail?" Gaara asked.

"Don't worry about it, kid. It takes a lot for me to stoop that low, even though your dad's a piece of shit."

Gaara's eyes narrowed. "Don't insult the Kazekage."

You bent down slightly so your eyes were level. "I didn't insult him as the Kazekage. I insulted him as your dad. He's reasonable enough as a politician, but he's a shit father. I don't think I need to tell you that."

Gaara flinched slightly and looked away.

You stood back up. "Well, I have better things to do, so I'll see you later!" You waved and started to walk away. "Be nice, kids, and no fighting!" You looked at Sasuke and Gaara. "Especially you problem children. I'll beat both your asses." You blew a kiss at Sasuke. He deadpanned.

"Screw you." He said in an annoyed tone.

You chuckled to yourself. When you were a little away from the group, you began your patrol again. As you walked, a familiar crow cawed and landed on your shoulder.

"Well, hello, little one." You stroked its head and it squawked happily. "Haven't seen you in a while." You held your arm out, and it hopped onto it. On it's leg, there was a letter. Your eyes widened and you quickly went back your house. Once inside, you unwrapped the letter and quickly unrolled it. The words were hastily scrawled on and Itachi's usually neat handwritting was all over the place.

Pain has started plans. Two members will go to Konoha soon. Be on your gaurd. Protect Naruto and the Nine-Tails. Won't be able to write for a while. Stay safe.

-I

An uneasy feeling washed over you. You took out your lighter to burn the letter, but you hesitated. You glanced at the crow Itachi had sent. You held out your arm and it flew over to land on it.

"Let's go, little one. You need to come with me." You climbed out of your window onto the roof, gripping the letter in your hand, and ran.

You tired not to fidget as the Third Hokage thoroughly read over the letter.

He sighed. "I'm amazed he managed to get this letter out. He's always surprising me. Its not much, but it will be very helpful."

You sighed. "First the threat of Orochimaru, and now the Akatsuki. Is it really wise to hold the Chunin Exams?"

"We have to. Canceling them will only cause suspicion in the village that something's wrong. We don't want to cause a panic."

"I guess so."

"Thank you for bringing this to me, Y/N. I'll increase the security with anbu, and I need your on your gaurd, as always." He handed you back the letter. You took it and burned it with your lighter.

"Of course, sir." You bowed slightly. "I'll take my leave now."

You walked up the top the Hokage's tower and lit a cigarette. A breeze rusted your h/c hair, slightly calming you. You sighed. Just as I think things are looking up, it all goes to shit again. You breathed out the smoke and watched the wind carry it away.

"...Y/N? Are you smoking?"

You whirled around to see Kakashi looking at you expectantly. You chuckled nervously. "Hey, Kakashi, how are you today?"

"Have you been hanging around Asuma or something?" His eye narrowed.

"Hey, I asked you a question first."

Kakashi sighed and started to walk over to you. You took that as your cue to run.

"Hey! Y/N, get back here! How did you even get those?! You can't even smoke legally yet!"

"Says the pervert who reads smut in front of twelve years olds!" You yelled back at him.

"Y/N, seriously?? Don't say that! And you know smoking isn't good for you!"

"Ok, mom!" You yelled.

"What did you call me?!"

Little Black Lies || Itachi x F! ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara