Chapter 41- Should have been

Third Person:

Everyone on the train was still asleep.

Tanjiro: Here let me show you! These peaches are delicious! And with all the white clover in bloom, I can make you a ring of flowers. I'm pretty good at it. You'll see. Come on Kanao.

Kanao was dreaming of her and a human Tanjiro with his demonic eyes still there. They were running down a path surrounded trees growing peaches.

Kanao: Yeah! Make a lot, okay? I'd love that!

Kanao blushed and smiled. She jumped for joy.

Tanjiro: We have have to cross the river, but don't worry. It's shallow.

Kanao: River?

Kanao stopped running.

Kanao: But I can't swim at all. Tanjiro, what do I do?

Tanjiro: It's fine! I'll just carry you on my back and jump over it! Not even your toes will get wet.

Tanjiro kneeled down. Kanao got on his back. Tanjiro used his strength to carry him while jumping over the rocks near the river.

Tanjiro: Just leave it all to me! Here we go!

Tanjiro jumped over the river. She and Tanjiro were laughing. Kanao was blushing with hearts in her eyes.

Aoi: Survey team! Survey team! We are the Cave Survey Team!

Tanjiro chanted behind her but it was muffled by his muzzle. He had raccoon ears and a raccoon tail. He was wearing an odd version of his regular outfit.

Nezuko and Kanao slid near.

Nezuko: Hey, boss!

Kanao: Wait boss!

Nezuko had rabbit ears and was also wearing a weird version of her hemp leaf jacket. Can I head right using a rat tail. Her jacket was also turned into a weird outfit. Only Aoi was wearing pants.

Aoi: What is it, underling one and underling two?

Pozuko: Over there! I smell the master of this cave, clear as trash!

Chunao: And its body doesn't squeak by me!

The "master" of the cave was a train with demonic legs. It was snoring.

(I thought of Choo Choo Charles immediately)

Aoi: There he is, all right! Underlings, go get him!

Underlings: You got it, Boss Man!

Tanjiro sat on the side doing nothing. Aoi turned to look at her.

Aoi: Hey, you! Don't fall behind, underling three! Come on. Look! I'll give you the sparkly acorns. Let's go!

Both Kanao and Aoi were laughing in their sleep.

Rui was in a room. His dad was sitting on a futon. He turned to look at him and smiled.

Dad: Hey Rui. Why don't you go outside and play today? Your friends are waiting for you.

Rui smiled and nodded. He went outside and played with his friends. They were in the snow.

This is odd, Rui thinks. I don't remember this happening.

Oh yeah because it never did.

Growing up, I was an ill child. I could barely walk, and I was too weak to go outside. My parents always tried their best to take care of me, and make me happy. But it wasn't enough.