𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

SOLAR ECLIPSE

┍━━━━╝✹╚━━━━┑Chapter Thirteen Repaired and Lost┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

┍━━━━╝✹╚━━━━┑
Chapter Thirteen
Repaired and Lost
┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

❝Just because I'm nice does NOT mean I won't kill you.❞

AFTER THAT INCIDENT in the daycare, everything turned gloomy to you. The man was fired and reported to the police for breaking the company's property. Sun was taken to Parts and Services for repairing since his body was severely broken in major parts.

You and Lunar remained in the daycare as required, but you weren't in the right state to watch over the kids or play with them. When you asked the repairman about the period of time to fix Sun and Moon, what he told you wasn't assuring at all. He said that it will take a while to fix Sun and the chances were slim. This concerned you a lot to the fact that you thought that Sun and Moon would never return. The only thing left from Sun was one of the red ribbons that was tied around his waist.

You always held it close to you and never let it go. You just hoped that the maintenance would help save your brothers. Lunar was pretty concerned about you, you didn't do your patrolling duty anymore and didn't attend to the kids, leaving your little brother to deal with them. He didn't know what to do with you, even tried to comfort you yet it didn't effect you. You were blaming yourself for not keeping them safe, you weren't there when they needed you. What was worse was the fact that you broke your promise to protect them.

Right now, you sat in the room you shared with Sun, Moon, and Lunar. You were staring at the ribbon in your hand, "I failed to protect them... I'm such a horrible sibling." You thought as your hand clenched around the red fabric. Lunar walked into the room and frowned sadly, "Y/N... To when are you going to stay like this? You haven't left the room since that day." He asked with worry, sitting down beside you. You didn't say anything and preferred to stay quiet which saddened Lunar more. He put his little hand on your arm, "Please Y/N, I'm worried about you. You can't just stay here all time, even Sun and Moon wouldn't like what you're doing to yourself." He confronted with a pleading tone.

You sighed and lowered your head, "I can't forgive myself, Lunar. I couldn't protect them, I wasn't there when they needed me." You spoke up, your voice filled with guilt. Lunar felt really bad for your situation, but he couldn't let you sink deeper into your sadness, "You can't do this to yourself, Y/N. It wasn't your fault at all, it was just... unexpected." He stated, his grip on your arm tightened a bit. You looked at Lunar with sadness, "I promised to keep them safe, to never let that man hurt them, but I couldn't keep my promise." You protested, frowning in anger upon remembering what that day.

Lunar pouted and hugged your side, "Please don't be sad, Sunny and Moony will be fine. I'm sure!" He softly whispered, trying to comfort you. You were thankful to have Lunar by your side to sooth you in this moment.

◎ ══════ ❈ ══════ ◎

Throughout the weeks, you forced yourself to get back to work in the daycare. You still refused to return to the patrolling duty because you still felt fear that man might return again to hurt Lunar. There was still no news about Sun's and Moon's repair progress, the technicians said that they were still work on them.

However, today you were called down to Parts and Services for something urgent. You just hoped that Sun and Moon were alright and nothing bad had happened. You had left Lunar with Monty since he seemed to like him the most. Once you reached there, you saw the leader of the technicians and walked toward him, "Mr. Benjamin, What's the matter? Are my brothers alright?" You asked with extreme concern.

The man smiled at you, "Hello there, Eclipse. There's no need to worry, Sun is alright and we managed to fix him and restore his memories thanks to the backups. Also, we did a few upgrades on his body." He explained which made you relieved and happy. However, you noticed that he had never talked about Moon at all. Maybe he was referring to both of them indirectly, but it won't harm asking, "I'm grateful to all of your hard work to fix my brother, but what about Moon? I just want to make sure that he is fine too." You said, hoping to receive the same statement about him as Sun.

Ben sighed and looked away, "I don't think he will be available with Sun anymore."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

The man pulled something out of his pocket, showing it to you. It was Moon's chip, "It's severely destroyed, we had to removed it from Sun in order to try and fix it separately. This means that Moon will no longer share his body with Sun for now." You froze in place upon hearing what he had just said, Moon was removed from Sun's body! Your brother will be so devastated when he knows about this. However, there might be a chance to save him... even a small one.

"Is there anyway to get him back?"

Benjamin shook his head, "I don't know, the chances are really really slim. A chip like this is very hard to fix and if we replace it with a new one, Moon won't remember any of you. It's also difficult to find an identical chip like this." He declared with grimace on his face. You didn't want to believe such a thing, you didn't want to lose Moon. You just hoped that they will manage to fix the chip to get your own brother back.