In a building, not a forest

Start from the beginning

"No, no!" George nearly screamed, as Dream got closer. "I need... I need..." He let out a sob.

"What do you need." Sapnap's voice was soft as he slowly stepped next to Dream. George looked between them, quickly shifting the shards of glass between the both of them.

"I-I..." George stepped back again, eyes transfixed on the two of them. "I need... to..." He shook his head, and then looked at the glass in his hands and the blood that was dripping down to his wrist. "I need to-to die, I- I need. To-to-" He shook his head again and let out a sob, dropping to his knees.

"You're safe. You're safe, George. You're in the Haven." Dream landed on his knees too, on the same level as George, heart breaking at the sight of him falling apart.

"I need to..." He was still gripping the glass tight, but he was hunched over, crying. It was heartbreaking to watch.

"George, it's me. It's Dream." Dream whispered, getting a little bit closer, eyeing the shards that seemed to be the only thing bringing the boy comfort at the moment.

"I need... I-I need Dream." He sobbed. "Dream. He... I need-"

"I'm right here." Dream was close enough now that he could grab the glass if he needed to. "I'm here, George. Look at me."

George did look up, eyes settling on Dream but not quite seeing him.

"It's me. I'm right here, George." Dream said softly, reaching out slowly not to touch the glass, but to brush his fingers against George's hand. The boy's breath hitched at that, but didn't move away.

"He promised he wouldn't leave me." George said, voice in a whisper, sounding so small and so sad. He looked defeated.

"I never left. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." His warm hand covered George's.

"We need to find Sapnap. He-he's alone in the f-forest." George's breath hitched. "Dream needs to find him."

"I'm not." Sapnap crouched down next to them. "And I'm certainly not alone. You're in a building, not a forest, George."

"He's more important than me. Dream needs him." George said to him, not really seeing Sapnap.

"George." Dream swallowed, beginning to gently pry the glass out of his hand. "You're safe. Sapnap is right here. I am too. We don't need to run. We can sleep."

George looked at him, right in the eyes, as he let Dream slip the glass out of his bleeding hand and put it on the ground.

"Kill me, Clay." George whispered, eyes fixed on him, hand not letting the second piece of glass go. "You need to kill me. I don't want to be a monster."

"You're not a monster." Dream shook his head, tears falling down his cheeks. "You're George. Just George." He let go of George's hands to cup his face, and George didn't even flinch, just kept staring straight at Dream. "You're safe, I promise." He leant forward and pressed a kiss against George's forehead, lingering for several seconds before pulling back and meeting his eyes.

"There's a safe Haven. In North Carolina." George whispered and Dream closed his eyes.

"What's going on?" Sapnap asked, turning around with shiny eyes to look at the group who were all watching with similar expressions.

But it was clear no one had an answer.

All of a sudden, George's eyes rolled into the back of his head and he fell, his body convulsing and seizing on the ground.

"Move." Hannah was there in an instant, pushing Dream back who was already trying to hold George. Sapnap pulled him back further and let him cry on his shoulder as Hannah and Niki worked to monitor and check George.