But Colt and I have this disagreement every time we're around each other. And it's about how much he thinks I've changed. We met when we were still preteens and he seems to just hold onto this image of me that he can't shake off. And it's this constant argument of the fact that I didn't change, I grew up. It's as simple as that. And maybe he's taking my growth as a loss of the child that his child self met and instantly connected with. It's a long story and a deep history. We're complicated together for sure.

Mikasa nudged me out of my deep thought. I blinked as I looked at her.

"You okay?" She asks me. I chuckle before nodding.

"Yeah. Actually, I have to ask for some advice from you guys," I announce to the table. All the eyes turned to me. I forget how beautiful they are for a minute. I swallow before speaking.

"So I have this...Old friend. And we talk and meet up maybe twice a year. At the very most. And he just texted me that he wanted to meet up again. Should I just go?" I ask them. Jean hums.

"Well, do you guys meet up to hang out or hook up?" Jean asks for clarification. I felt my cheeks get a bit red at the question but I keep it as casual as possible.

"Both. But this time around I think I won't hook up with him. But what if he's expecting that?" I ask.

"If he's a friend then he'll respect it. I say you go since it's a ritual at this point," Connie adds. Mikasa hums.

"But if you're having doubts that he'll respect it then I say you don't go. I mean, what if you go and tell him that you don't wanna hook up and he tells you that you wasted his time?" Mikasa asks me. I think about it.

"I don't think he'd be mean about it but I would sense a kind of bummed-out feeling from him. I've known him forever now so I can just tell," I reply. The group nods.

"Then just text him and say you don't wanna hook up but you're down to hang out. It's as simple as that," Eren speaks up, annoyed at the topic of conversation. Elisa's eyebrows creased before looking at him.

"Are you okay, babe?" She asks him, giving him a pet name. Eren and I held eye contact discreetly. His jaw clenched slightly. He rolls his eyes before nodding.

"I'm fine. It's just a stupid dilemma." Eren plainly says as he looks away. The group's conversation grew silent at his reaction. Connie looked around awkwardly. Elisa scoffs quietly.

"Really? Because it seems like you care about it a little too much," She tells him. Everyone shifts in their seat uncomfortably, including myself. Eren looks at her with creased eyebrows.

"Not this shit again..." He dismisses her. She scoffs before standing up.

"Yeah. Why should you give a fuck?" She rhetorically asks as she walks away. Eren sighs before following her argumentatively. The group watched the two empty chairs before looking at each other with awkward faces and reactions. I glowed red at the base of the argument being about something I asked. I felt a bit guilty. Mikasa's pursed lips relaxed as she took a sharp inhale and sucked her teeth awkwardly.

"That was awkward as fuck..." Mikasa finally breaks the ice.

"Talk about trouble in paradise," Sasha adds. We snickered at the situation before laughing.

"Anywho...Y/n, just go. I'm sure it'll be fine. If he's a real friend he would be okay with it," Sasha finally gives advice. Mikasa sighs at the advice given.

"Only if you want to go. Remember that," She reminds me. I nod before looking down at my phone. It was time for my next class. I get up.

"I'll tell you guys my verdict later. I gotta go. See you guys," I tell them before leaving and going to my next class.