p4

-- ノ⁠♡

"And.. If there's one thing I've learned in this business, it's that you can't let a little thing like a spider bite stop you from putting on the best show possible. And that's just what I did that day." You said with a sly, proud tone, adding some extra flair to your movements and gestures.

"Oh wow" Miguel stared blankly at you, he paused for a moment and moved his body to a more relaxed position "I'm so interested in this. Give me all the details"

"Really? I shall continue then" You said, smiling bashfully and biting your finger in a shy gesture, you didn't care whether to believe him or not, his smile wasn't reaching his eyes though.

"Aha I'm so invested in this, what happened next after your little fashion show "Y/n". You saved the world from an alien invention or you saved a cat from a tree?" His smile faded, replaced by a serious expression.

Your smile melted away instantly, replaced by disappointment. Your expression changed quickly to one of mischief, and you let out a mischievous laugh, as if you were expecting something like that before.

You had dealt with your fair share of cynicism in your line of work, and you weren't about to let Miguel's attitude get you down.

"Well, I may not be able to save the world from an alien invasion, but I bet I could save you from your own terrible jokes" you joked back with a cheeky tone, a twinkle in your eye.

The spiders around you tried to keep a straight face, not laughing at your quick wit about their leader, including Jessica Drew who was particularly angry, but there are people who already cracked a smile like Miles Morales, however Miguel noticed that and he couldn't help but feel angry, his gaze shifted towards you.

"You think you're funny?" He snarled, his tone lacked the snotty remark it had before, his eyebrows furrows as he glared at you, Miguel who's always been a bit on the serious side wasn't used to people challenging his authority or making fun of him. And he doesn't like to lose his cool, especially in front of his peers. But this time..

You didn't seem to be fazed. You just grinned, eyes sparkling with mischief under the mask."Aww, and what if I do?" You taunted, your tone dripping with sarcasm.

Miguel seethed, the talons in his arms flexing "I'll show you then who's funny" he muttered, his voice low and menacing.

The other spiders exchanged nervous glances as Miguel stalked towards you, his presence dwarfing your tiny frame.. Your face contorted into a grimace, the humor in your eyes vanishing as you realized how serious Miguel was.

In that moment, Miles Morales decided to chim in, he rushed in between you both and you held your ground.

Miles placed a hand on Miguel's shoulder, and for a moment, Miguel's anger seemed to raise even more, he turned to Miles with a scowl. "What do you think you're doing?" he snarled.

"Okay, okay" Miles said, trying to calm down the situation. "Let's not be too hasty here.."

Miguel glowered at Miles, his anger not dissipating a bit, but just as Miles was trying to calm him down, a fine looking man swung his way to them, his entrance was comical in itself as he swung onto the scene with his upside-down pose, he surveyed the situation, taking in Miguel's angry expression and yours as well before he grinned.

"Come on, Miguel my friend, you aren't going to bully kids again" he said, his voice light and easy.

Miles chuckled at him, a warm smile on his face "Ay Peter you came at the right time" he said, his tone equally grateful.

That's right, the fine looking man is indeed Peter B Parker, the Spider-Man of earth-616.

Miguel felt a twinge of annoyance at their levity in the face of his fury.