6) Stalking Hades

****MELANIE****

I opened my history notebook, preparing myself before the mysterious Aldric could show up. Today, I had promised myself not to attract even his gaze.

    "Hi?" A feminine voice spoke, drawing my gaze up to her face. It was Rose.
She stood there, two books clutched tightly against her large chest. "Do you mind if I sit, here?"

Her eyes dropped on Martin's desk.

   I only shrugged. "If Martin agrees I-"

"He's cool." Rose giggled sinking her butt on the chair before I could react.
When she set her books on the desk, I was immediately drawn to the cleavage peeking out from the low-cut purple top. Why on earth had she opted to wear such exposing clothes to school?

Rose grinned at me, returning my sanity.

     A student dashed into the room, yelling, "He's almost here!"

Everyone suddenly shuffled on their seats, preparing to welcome Aldric.

Class started and I held my head down to concentrate on what he was teaching rather than what he was wearing. But Rose kept raising her hand and asking questions almost as if she was trying to impress him.

   Or seduce him. Gosh! She has such big boobs. I thought, before my eyes dropped to my chest...on my average-sized B-cup moulds. Her long wavy ginger hair was held up in a smooth ponytail, leaving her chest open for all to gaze at.

Just like the rest of them, Rose seemed to also have a crush on Aldric and was going the extra mile for him to notice her.

    I was glad that I wouldn't have to deal with him during the class. But my joy was short-lived when I turned my head and saw him standing next to Rose answering her question.
Our eyes collided for a brief moment, and I found myself staring into their depths as the odd yearning to touch his hair slowly slipped back.

It looked so perfect. So thick. So, attractive.
I just wanted to run my fingers through its length and ruffle it out of place.

      Today, the usual black wooden hair barrette was missing. Damn! He wore that thing daily like a part of him.

  "Stop staring, little scumbag." Aldric hushed.

My mouth gradually opened in horror. After I recollected myself, I looked around, nobody was acting shocked. How had they not heard him insult me?

 "This is a little difficult to understand Mr Aldric." Rose protested shifting her face to look up at him.
Aldric leaned down, taking one edge of Rose's desk.
I saw the veins starting to show as his grip seemed to harden while his eyes went cold.

  Nobody else was watching them except for me, which made me witness something unexplainable. Aldric's eyes flashed a golden color. A strange occurrence that only got eerie when Rose remained frozen. She didn't even blink.

   "You have understood everything I've taught you. You'll be attentive in class and won't bother me with useless questions." Aldric whispered staring deep into Rose's eyes.

Like a puppet whose strings were being pulled, Rose nodded, agreeing to everything Aldric had said.

His eyes flashed golden once more, and Rose snapped from her little trance.
She gazed down at her books, then up at the straightening male. "Thank you, Mr. Aldric, I have no more questions." She grinned brightly.

      Am I high?
I questioned my sanity before tossing my eyes outside through the window to my left.
Maybe I fell asleep during class.

To determine whether I was awake or dreaming, I pinched the back of my hand as hard as I could, leading to a painful wince.