I'm Nothing Without You - Finn Hudson

"You don't understand!" Finn shouted frustratedly, raising his hands in the air, only for them to retreat in defeat to run through his hair.

"Then help me" you muttered, wanting nothing more than to embrace him - but this was a conversation needed to be had.

"I am nothing without you." Finn exclaimed, looking ashamed of himself but so passionately locking his beautiful eyes to yours.

"Baby what do you mean?"

"You are everything. You are smart, you're gorgeous, you're an amazing singer and actress, you can dance, all the boys would kill for you, you are funny, you're everything, and me being your boyfriend is just another part of this extremely long list, but somewhere down the bottom... you're something without me."

You try to interject.

"-please, y/n, just let me say this, because we both need to hear it. You are so much more than just me. But for me I'm 'y/n's boyfriend'... that's its, there is nothing else. Sure I can clean a pool, and maybe hit a right note, which would be impossible to even hear with Rachel holding a microphone... if you leave to go to college in New York.. I don't want me to hold you down, I don't want you having feelings for someone else and  feeling bad about poor old, useless Finn who lives in Lima... what I'm saying is, despite me being this pathetic; I'd rather you break my heart now, than later."

You walk up to him, shake on your the tips of your toes as you reach to embrace him. His hands found their usual place on your lower back, as through they were made to sit there. His tearful face, hidden in the crook of your neck, breathing in the scent of your hair as thought it would be the last time he could. Breaking away with utter uncertainty, he spoke again, "please just say it."

You wiped the tears from your eyes, gritting your teeth, taking his large, shaking hands in yours to finally tell him the truth.

"Finn... you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. It physically pains me when you say you're nothing.. because to me you're everything. You're loving, genuine, thoughtful, a fighter, not afraid to be yourself, you stand up for others, you have a gorgeous voice and the most gorgeous smile in Lima.. if not the whole world.. and definitely New York for that matter."

You squeezed his hands at the mention of New York and saw the hopeful glimmer in his eyes.

"So when I think back to Lima, I won't think of 'poor' Finn" you announced, mocking him, receiving his small chuckle and crooked smile you've grown to love.

"I'll think of my boyfriend, my lover, my man who has the outset of hearts, and the worlds best hugs." You pull him again into a hug, even tighter than the last. This one with no sense of impending loss, but a certainty and hope.

"I love you so much." He mutters into your hair.

"And I love you even more Finny, forever"