Spin off 3: The Call of the Witch - final

Start from the beginning

'How do you feel?' she asked and took the tray with breakfast from the desk to the bed.

'Nauseous whenever I see this white pulp.'

'Two more days and you will be able to eat normally...' She cheered him up. 'I finally dealt with checking all the bagades with uncle Jin and papers with uncle Namjoon.' She sat on the edge of the bed. 'We are leaving in an hour.'

'It will finally be quiet again...' Alec said with a smirk, trying to sit down.

She helped him to rest his back over the pillow.

'If I would meet you anywhere else I would never think you are a princess... Too normal. Too helpful. Too sharp.'

'If you would meet my father, would you take him as a king?'

'He has his moments...' Alec said after a minute of thinking.

'I have mine also.' Allana smiled cleverly, then she looked at him seriously. 'Finnegan is staying here. His job is to watch over your complete recovery...'

'It can take more than a year...' Alec whispered, surprised.

'I have time. There is no need to rush or force him to change his life... Besides, he should stay with you...'

Alec's eyes traveled to things laying on his night table. He took the thistle.

'Why me?' he asked, quietly. 'You could have given it to anybody...'

'There were going there, knowing they were not alone. I don't think you knew that at that moment... Did it help?'

'The portal would affect me much more. And I wouldn't probably survive the first hit without it... So... you can say it did...' he said, turning the sharp flower in his hands. 'But it lost its magic already...' he added and his voice trembled.

Allana looked at the second thing laying on the night table. She took the silver necklace with an amethyst, which was broken right now. Just like the one on her neck.

'Ughh!' Alec covered his eyes with his forearm frustrated. 'Now it really feels that she died...' he gulped.

Allana didn't know what to say. She stayed quiet for a moment, letting him have the moment.

'Well, at least now you can hook up freely without wondering if she knows about it...' she joked quietly.

Alec snorted and looked at her.

'Well if you feel suffocating inside the Palace walls, I can always help you sneak out...'

'Sound like fun...' she stood up, leaned and hugged him. 'Don't try to be alone, Alec... It's over.'

'Get out... I don't need lectures...' he whispered, but pulled her closer inside the hug.

'When you will get bored of the silence... I will pick you up from the airport...' she promised.

'Why all of you want me to go to Korea?' he asked, jokingly. 'Is there something scary to deal with?'

'My mother. But don't tell her I said that...'

Alec smirked.

'Now, I also have the blackmailing material...'

Allana squeezed his fingers and smiled.

'See you, Lord MacArthur...'

He nodded and let go of her hand. She walked out slowly.

When the doors closed behind her, Alec whispered in old scottish:

'Mar sin leibh an-dràsta... Allana...'

Goodbye for now... Allana...