Chapter 33: The Elders

Hoseok was sitting in the backseat of the car. Jin was driving. He was still shocked and mad. The thing with Jungkook's parents was terrible enough. Sung-jae being involved in this was just too much. Should he send his men after him? Should he end this once and for all? Was waiting for his brother's move a good tactic?

'Stop thinking so hard, hyung...' Taehyung glanced at Hobi, turning his head. 'I can hear it here.'

'I just have enough... I want to find him and deal with him, so you all will be safe...' Hoseok mumbled, clenching his fist.

'We are safe, hyung. And it will be better to fight him on our territory. With our people around.'

'I know... I know that!' Hoseok pulled his hair in frustration. 'But it's so annoying! I know he won't stand a chance against us, and yet he is able to hurt us!' He took a deep breath. 'Kookie was so devastated... Is he fine now?'

'Did you check on him last night? Did he manage to fall asleep? Did he eat something? Did he cry?!' Jin finally let out all of his worries, barraging Taehyung with questions.

'He slept...' Taehyung said shortly.

Jin tore his gaze from the road to look at the younger.

'That's it?' he asked, puzzled. 'Considering how pissed you were yesterday I thought you would be checking on him every five minutes...'

I didn't need to check on him... I felt his heartbeat under my hand the whole night... Taehyung thought to himself, internally smiling lightly. He was so deep in his dreamland, he didn't notice Jin's suspicious glare.

'I left you with him, trusting you will take care of him!' he growled.

Taehyung realising hiding anything from Jin or Jimin will be a lot harder. When it comes to those things, they were much sharper than their mates.

But he stuck to his best method to not lie. Just carefully picking what he will say using the right tone.

He looked at Jin and rolled his eyes.

'Of course, hyung, I stayed with him the whole night. He slept. He didn't have nightmares. He didn't cry. Don't worry. He is fine now. Namjoon and Yoongi explained everything to him. He is more worried about us worried about him, than about all that happened.'

Jin sighed with relief. 

'Okay...'

'Now, what should I know about this meeting? Will we meet with all the Elders?'

'Yes. So stay calm.' Jin advised. 'They don't really have the power over the King, but they have a lot of power over the packs all around the world. They are respected old wolves. Park Gurem is the youngest of them. There are five people in Korea. And around 100 of them all over the world.'

'How much do we like them?'

'We like them when they do what they are supposed to do. Writing down our history and laws. Giving advice about our species. Explaining the interaction and behavior of our ranks. They are supposed to be like scientists. Serving all of us with their knowledge and wisdom. But we don't like them when they are trying to meddle in our business. Overpower the King and control the Council...'

'The leader is Yang Dawon. She is the wisest person I've ever met. But she is already 90. So the second in charge Cha Hakyeon is usually the one who leads. There is also Lee Minchan and Nam Yerim. They are the ones that probably can stand for Park Gurem...' Hoseok explained. 'They were chosen a year before Bogum's father.'

'Ranks?'

'Dawon, Minchan and Gurem are alphas. Hakyeon is a beta and Yerim is an omega.' Jin said and parked the car in front of the secret wolves' archives where the Elders had their headquarters.