Chapter Ten

"Here, take this," Gunner said as he passed her his a large jacket that she had seen him wearing a few times before. "Wear it and remove your clothes underneath."

"Thanks," she said, taking the jacket. Holding it in her hands, she could tell with one look that the jacket would fall past the midpoint of her thighs with it on. Gunner was enormous, and she was petite, even for a girl. She pulled it over her head and the smell of sheer masculinity invaded her nostrils. She held her breath, desperate not to inhale any more of it because she knew it would cause her legs to buckle in desire.

When the jacket covered her body, she pushed her hands inside and unbuttoned her shirt. As her hands touched her bare skin, a sticky feeling rested on her fingers and she groaned inwardly. It was just the start of school and she was going to have to attend all her classes feeling that stick? Gross. She pulled her shirt away and under, dropping it to the ground. After she pushed her hands out the sleeves, she picked her shirt back up and folded it neatly. Then she fell onto the couch.

"Are you alright?" Gunner asked her.

At the sound of those words, her emotions brimmed over and the floodgates opened. Her tears poured out and she cried and cried. She wiped her tears away, but more tears wet the backs of her hands until she no longer needed to wipe, because she couldn't dry her tears.

Gunner picked up a box of tissues and walked over to her. Taking some out, he passed it to her. She took it from him and dabbed her eyes with the tissues. But the tears did not stop and soon, the tissues were soaked. He passed her more and she took them, and rubbed her nose with it. She stopped crying for a while but when she saw the look of concern in Gunner's eyes, she felt a warm sensation spreading through her body and her tears flowed again.

"It's alright," he said, and removed more tissues from the box. He held them in his hand and reached it out to Kitty. "Here." He used the tissues in his hand to wipe her eyes, and discarded them to the side when they were wet. Removing more, his hand approached her eyes again. Kitty's hand reached out to him and his hand instinctively moved to pass the tissues to her, but her hands closed around his hand instead. She caressed his hand and clutched onto it tightly, pulling it up towards her cheek. His body froze as she rubbed her cheek into his hand, her tears rolling onto them. She held onto the back of his hand and with it, she caressed her own cheek with eyes closed. She willed her desire to go away but when she reopened her eyes and kissed his hand, the air between them was alight with electricity.