Chapter 10: Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Are you mad forreal?" I asked him, knowing I probably did make him mad. I'm really competitive so without knowing it, I usually go a little too far when it comes to my victory dances or whatever and piss people off. I'm used to it though. The old me wouldn't have given a shit, but I'm not that person now so I actually care.

"Nah, I'm just playing wit you. But how about this, let's go ahead and return our shoes, and let's go to dinner. 'Cause a nigga hungry." He said, smiling genuinely at me.

"Okay, you sure you ain't mad or nothin' cause you seemed kinda pissed." I said as I started to take off my bowling shoes.

"I was just playing. I let you win so it's all good." He said with a smirk on his face, causing me to give him that 'What you just say?' look.

"Nigga whet? You ain't let me win sh- nothin'." I said, catching myself when an elderly lady walked by giving me that look that if I was to finish that sentence like I wanted to, she would've smacked the fire outta my ass.

"Bae, it's okay. You still won... even though I let you win." He added quickly, smirking at me.

"Oh really?? Aight then.. one more game." I said confidently as I got off his lap and went to go pay for another game.

"What chu doin'?" He asked, following to me to counter.

"What you mean? I'm getting another game. Duhh." I replied, chuckling at him, not knowing what he was talking about.

"Noo, you're gonna take yo butt back over there while I get another game. You ain't paying for nothin' on this date." He said, turning me around by my shoulders and patting my butt so I would go back to my seat.

"Nigga, did you just pat my ass?" I asked, looking at him like he was crazy.

"Sure did. Now go." He said while smiling an innocent smile like he ain't do nothin' wrong.

"You so.. oooooooo!" I said while laughing before rolling my eyes and walking back over to our lane.

As I sat there waiting for him to come back, I started reading this book I was meaning to finish on Wattpad on my phone. After about a couple seconds of reading it, I felt the presence of somebody sit down in front of me. I looked up to see an older lady sitting there staring at me with this unreadable look on her face.

"Hey.. how are you?" I asked slowly, wondering why she just all of a sudden sat down in front of me.

"You don't know who I am do you?" She asked, the tone of her voice telling me that she already knew the answer.

"No.... should I?"

"Yea, you should. Look harder." She said.

In my head, I'm thinking this lady is crazy, but those thoughts quickly disappear when I really got a good look at her. Her skin tone, eyes, facial structure, and the smirk on her face all reminded me someone I wasn't trying to think about right now.

She's DeAngelo's mother.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tay~

"Again! Get ready!" Mrs. Pam yelled to me as I quickly picked up another set of hammers and knives that were all different sizes in my left hand and walked back to the starting line as a new set of targets were put on the warehouse wall to replace the ones I've demolished already.

"Go!" She yelled before I took off, running parallel to the wall, and began throwing whichever knife or hammer that I could get in my right hand first at the target dummies. When I got to the last one, I threw the last tool, which was a hammer, with my left hand and bolted toward three guys that stood in my way of the finish line. The first guy swung on me once I got close enough but I ducked at the last minute and uppercutted him in his gut. Before he could move, I turned around, grabbed ahold of his neck from behind with both hands, and, using his weight and my momentum, flipped him over my shoulder , causing him to land on his back. The impact off him hitting the ground knocked him instantly, giving me a chance to move on to the next guy.