-

HADEN

Pulling up my pants, I sighed in contentment as I felt the tension leave my muscles and the stressful thoughts leave my mind. Running always helped with any troubled thoughts or problems that I had and the connection with my wolf always felt stronger afterwards. I grabbed my T-Shirt from the floor and slipped it on before pulling on my boots and making my way to the pack house.

Halfway there, the uneasiness from my wolf was back and a groan escaped my lips at the thought of the woman who now plagued my mind. My rogue of a mate. The peasant that decided to trample my lands with the rest of her rogue friends. Faith really was cruel. The thought of a rogue being my mate was unimaginable, especially at the thought of her working with the man that destroyed my family and almost dismantled this pack.

The only way to get answers would be to drill them out of her. I needed to make sure there were no ties or links to the Rogue King so that the pack wasn't in any imminent danger. The woman wasn't even going to be the Luna of this pack even if she was the last person standing at the back of the line. I would die before I handed that title over to an inexperienced, no-class, no-rank wolf like her.

"Hello Alpha," a few elderly women warmly greeted me as I passed them entering the pack house.

"How are you doing ladies?" I asked warmly.

They both smiled, "Doing well, thank you Alpha."

With a parting smile, I nodded and rushed up the stairs to my office. I blamed my wolf for the twitchy feeling I felt coursing through my veins. I had been waiting forever for my mate and now I was stuck with this mess.

Life really was a bitch.

Opening my office door, I flipped the lights on and scanned the room, noticing the emptiness and the open windows with the curtains flowing in the gentle breeze. My brows furrowed as I moved further into the room, making a point to check the bathroom, before I came to one conclusion.

Then I cursed under my breath.

I swear if they made that stupid, sexy rogue escape from...

There's no way I just thought that. My wolf was getting out of control. I couldn't think like that. I couldn't want her. She was supposed to be the enemy, not some I was intertwined with. Shaking my head to escape the thoughts, I continued to look for the girl but found nothing. I couldn't even pick up on her scent because of the lack of familiarity.

Either that meant they didn't follow my direct orders or they let her escape. For all their sakes, they better hope it was the former.

'Does someone want to tell me where the rogue is? You know, the one that was supposed to be waiting in my office?' I mindlinked them all while trying to keep myself calm, 'because if you assholes tell me that you managed to let this little wolf escape, I'm killing all of you!'

A snicker came to my mind from James.

'You wouldn't kill your best friend,' James said confidently.

'Oh really, wanna bet?' I asked challenging him. Then I heard a sigh before Conner's voice.

'You guys are so annoying. You're pretty much interrupting -' he was about to say but Jonah cut him off as the mental image flooded all our thoughts.

'Dude, that's gross! Now I have that mental image embedded in my mind!' Jonah gagged.

'What are you, 12? Get over yourself,' Conner replied but before they could both get into a pissing match, I mentally cleared my throat.