10. Permission For Udaipur

Start from the beginning

(Beware if anybody says anything about my granddaughter.)

"Dekh rahi hai aap Badi Maa aur Maa, yeh kaise dii ki side le rahi hai. Samne dii aayengi na toh dekhna kaise character change hoga." He laid on his Badi Maa's lap while she chuckled and stroked his hair with love.

(See, Badi Maa and Maa, how she is taking sister's side. But when she comes in front of her, how her character will change.)

Suddenly, a knock was heard from the door, and there was silence for a few moments as Srida, Ishaan, and Anshuman stood at the door. Srida took a few steps back, unsure of her mother's reaction and scared about why her mother was running.

But soon, her mother just engulfed her in a tight hug, while Srida stumbled back because of the sudden embrace. She could hear her mother's soft sobs, while Srida wore a pleasant smile. Only she knew how badly she missed her mother; every action made her feel guilty towards her.

Srida didn't cry, as she had forgotten that habit. Crying had become a weakness she didn't want to succumb to her emotions.

"Maa... Don't cry for me." She cupped her mother's face and kissed her forehead, assuring her that she wasn't angry.

"Toh kaun bola tha ki 'she won't step into this house'?" She hit her arm while Srida chuckled at her mother's complaint.

(So, who said she wouldn't step into this house?)

"Ohh, my Mother India, forgive your Sri." She made a cute pout.

The onlookers admired the scene. No matter how long you fight with your family, they are the ones you turn to in need. Despite her anger at their decision, Srida loved her mother immensely and didn't want to break her heart.

"Nahi." She said in fake anger and sat on the couch where everyone was sitting.

(No.)

"Maaaaaaa." (She winced.)

"Tu idhar aa beta, teri mate shri aaj nahi maane wali." Vanhi said, and Srida came to hug her. They embraced tightly.

(You come here, child. Your mother will not forgive you today.)

"Bete, you guys also come in. Why are you standing there?" She gestured to Ishaan and Anshuman, but they politely declined, thinking they could discuss the vacation plan later or let Srida inform them herself. They bid their bye from their thinking to give the family their time.

"Dadi, aap hi bolo meri Mother India is very sentimental." Srida said as she sat beside her but hissed in pain because Radhika pulled her ears.

(Grandma, only you can do something. My Mother India is very sentimental.)

"Ohh hhhh Dadi, Dadi, Maine kya kiya?" She hissed in pain.

(Ohh grandma, grandma, what did I do?)

"Tune kya kiya? Gusse mein koi ghar jhod ke jata hai?" saying she let go of her ears making her give her puppy eyes.

(What did you do? Who leaves their house in anger?)

"Dadi, please do something na. I'm sorry, really" She pouted.

Radhika said something in Srida's ear. She smiled at her words and moved to her mother, sitting on her knees and holding her hand.

"Basanti, aapne bacchi ko maaf nahi karegi?" She pouted at her, while others grinned at both.

(Basanti, won't you forgive your child?)

"Only I can call her Basanti; she is my Basanti, not for the whole village." Here comes a cold-faced Harshit with Rajiv and Ram beside him, descending the stairs.