05. Confusion? Control? Heart or Mind?

I got to know that the white dress girl's name is Srida Sharma, and she works in my dad's company as the managing director

I got to know that the white dress girl's name is Srida Sharma, and she works in my dad's company as the managing director. Well, this is what I learned about her as we are sitting with her family and mine, discussing them. I saw her standing in the corner with her COUSIN BROTHER, which I initially thought was her husband. Well, it's not entirely my fault; the situation made it seem that way. But I don't like seeing her with someone else. We've only had one encounter, not a pleasant Bollywood encounter, but it brings a smile to my face every time I remember it.

I snap out of my trance when I hear her name from my family. Initially, it was just my dad and mom who were fond of her, but now my entire family is taken with her. I don't know what spell she has cast on everyone in my family, including me!

Soon, my grandpa's words give a shock not only to me but to everyone.

"I think I would love Srida as my daughter-in-law. We would treat her like we treat Akshara, as our own daughter." said Dadu to Maa-Papa. "Papa, you've guessed my thoughts. I've loved Srida from the day Agastya spoke about her for Anshuman. She would be perfect." Maa said excitedly.

"Papa, Virthi, I totally agree with both of you. But we should talk to her and her family for their consent." Papa said with a nod. Her family is right beside us, also hearing all the talks. It seems her Dadi is very happy with the discussion. Soon, her Dadi breaks the silence, giving another shock, particularly to me, because my whole family is on cloud nine after her answer.

"Well, I also like Anshuman but was unsure if you guys are interested or if he has a girlfriend. He's so handsome, educated, and an independent doctor." said her Dadi making me nervous to get there all attentions.

Now I understand why she was so interested in talking about my life, career, and future. I think they were making a foolproof plan to capture me in their scheme. My family is so happy, especially my sister and my brother-in-law; they are making plans for our date without asking me. Seriously! I am present here; can't they even ask me if I'm interested in her or not?

'But you're interested in your rasmalai.'

'Shut up!!' I mean, yes, it feels good when I think about her.

I see Advit, Srida's brother, leaving the table and moving toward her and her brother, who were talking about something and seemed to be acting as if they were crying, but it looked cute on her. Soon, there was a smirk on her face while looking at me, but in reflex, I move my head toward my family. However, from the corner of my eyes, I can see she is still looking at me, and both brothers look tense. But why?

'Because she doesn't want to marry you.' Like seriously, my conscious mind is working so fast, but I don't have any fault in me. Then why?

'Because you are a wall man for her.'