10. Permission For Udaipur

ابدأ من البداية

"So, tell your Basanti to forgive me." She knew her father didn't like others to call his wife with the nickname he gave her. But she was also her daughter.

"I think she is right; you shouldn't be forgiven." He said with sarcasm and scoffed.

"Daduuuuu." She moved towards her grandpa faking her wobbled chin, knowing he could take her side.

"Okay, stop everybody. Enough of scolding my granddaughter. Come here." Srida went and hugged her dadu, resting her head on his chest. She felt light after meeting her family.

"Wahh, here, all are just ignoring me like air. Just now, these ladies were doing the opposite of what they were telling a moment ago, and my dear sister, you don't even hug your cute, handsome, hot little brother." Advit said in a mocking tone to the ladies and sulked, seeing the love she was getting.

"Chal bandar, maa bhuk lagi hai. Khana toh khila doo." She enjoyed teasing him.

(Shoo monkey, mother is hungry. Let's feed her.)

Viharini came and dragged her towards the dining table, while the others chuckled at her antics. Ishaan and Anshuman were invited to join the dinner, but they politely declined, thinking they could discuss the vacation plan later or let Srida inform them herself.

Everyone took their seats, and Srida sat at the dining table, eyeing the delicious dishes. She was craving her mother's handmade food, as the servants were on leave. So, her mother and Badi maa had prepared the meal.

She sat there as her mother and elder mother sat on either side of her, feeding her by hand. Advit was sulking, as he had also requested to be fed but was royally ignored by the ladies. The grandparents watched them with tears in their eyes.

"I think all the love is only for Sri. No one is going to notice me now." Abhishek said entering the dining area in his office attire, having come directly from the office.

"Of course, you can't get this love. Go and ask for love from your soon-to-be wife." She teased him.)

So here's the story of Abhishek and Avni. Avni's grandparents are good friends with Srida's grandparents, so this marriage was arranged by them. After the arranged date, they didn't have any problems. Abhishek had some feelings for Avni in the office, but he never confessed because he feared rejection. Avni also had a tiny crush on him.

"I would love to, but she misunderstands me because of you!" He made a face, while the others chuckled.

"Oh, hello! If you agreed to marry her, you should have told her the truth. It was not my fault, okay?" She snapped back with an answer.

"Oh, stop! Abhi, go and change and come for dinner fast." Radhika said putting a full stop to their fight.

"Oh, my Dadi, only you understand your Abhi's pain." he said while rubbing his fake tears which was nonexistence.

"Yes, yes, go Drame Baaz." Vanhi said while he nods.

Abhishek went to his room to change into his white t-shirt and black trousers. He returned to the dining area; most had finished their food, and Srida was being fed by her mother and elder mother. Abhishek sat beside Advit, who was sulking, watching Srida being pampered.

"She is only your elder sister. Stop sulking." Abhishek commented snickering his laugh seeing his younger brother sullen face.

"Can't you see how they forget me after she came?" he said burning in jealousy.

"Wanna take revenge?" Abhishek asks raising his eyebrow with a mischievous smile.

"How?" He frowned when Abhishek signal him to come closer.