Mac bit his lip.

"Here lies dust, ashes and nothing." Pete replied to himself. "And that's what I've become: Nothing. I used to have a dream, being in a band, and you destroyed it. No-actually, I've decided it's all irrelevant, being in a band, meeting all of you. I never really cared."

"Are you even listening to yourself...you're not making any sense!" Mac said in an attempt to shake Pete up but he only raised a dark eyebrow and clenched his unshaven jaw.

"Nothing makes sense...can't you understand?" Pete reasoned. After a long silence, an uncontrollable and hysterical laughter stormed out from the deep in his throat. He had to cover his mouth to stop laughing, he curved his back forward, resting his arms on his knees. "Mac, I have something." He cleared his throat but his Joker smile prevailed like two hooks opening his mouth outwards and thus forming a gruesome representation of false happiness.

"What?"

"Hush." He whispered and placed his finger on Mac's mouth.

"But-"

"I said...SILENCE!" His voice resounded against the walls, he pushed his greasy hair back and sighed. "I have a secret." He nodded as if he had found the correct words for his big reveal. "Do you know anything about Greek mythology?"

"Sure...from school."

"Do you know about Icarus myth?"

Mac narrowed his eyes at Pete, not understanding where he was driving at. "Yes," he declared finally.

"Did you know that Icarus is actually alive?"

"You can't be serious."

"Poor, innocent and naive Mac...don't you know that everything is real."

"What do you mean?"

"Icarus is alive. He goes by the name of Tate...know him?"

"Tate? Our Tate?"

"He stopped being mine the minute he-well it doesn't matter. I'll skip any unnecessary information for the present, but all you need to know is that Icarus survived and he is plagued with a curse, a curse in which every time he falls in love, that person must die. Tate means danger...Cassie is in danger."

"You're crazy."

"I knew you wouldn't believe me. But I need Cassie."

"Why?"

"I like to collect beautiful things."

"You are sick. I'll call the police when-"

"Not so quick," Pete interrupted, "I have a deal for you; I know you have a festival in two weeks and Tate hasn't been the best band mate lately..." Pete placed his hands on Mac's shoulders and stood close to his face. "Mac, you are destined to do great things."

"I don't get it." Mac shook his head slowly.

"You've always been the best band mate, the most caring, the most talented. Tate doesn't deserve to lead the band."

"So?"

"Bring me Cassie or make her hate Tate. I'll give you all you ever wanted. Can you imagine? First comes fame, then power, and then of course money."

"I can't do that."

"Last time we talked you needed money to help your father in his workshop and pay for your sister's college education. How is she by the way? Lauren was such a pretty girl... shame that she was so easy to win over. I like more complicated girls-she was boring. "

"She was destroyed when you left her."

"I would say I'm sorry but I'm not a liar... anyway, are you going to take the deal or...nah?" he smiled and added under his breath, "I bet she still says that."

"Can't I think about it?"

"How can I know you are not going to tell anyone about this?"

"How can I know you are not going to kill me the moment I walk out that door?"

Pete smirked. "Touché...I hope you are intelligent enough to know which side to choose."

"There are sides?"

"My side is cooler."

"And creepier."

"That word does describe me best," He said, proud of who he was, of his dark side. "Now go, before I decide to kill you before you leave."

Mac's eyes opened wide. "I'm joking...don't worry." Pete started that hysterical laugh again. Mac had to force a nervous laugh to please Pete, but it scared him knowing it was only half of what he was feeling.

Mac started walking towards the door, not knowing exactly where he was going after that. He heard Pete say "smile" and then the noise of a flashbulb. He turned quickly to discover that Pete had a camera on his hand.

"A little souvenir." It was the last thing he said after Mac shut the door and started running.