Chapter Eight: The New Girl

That evening Sunwoo avoided Kevin as much as possible. Sunwoo knew that Kevin was trying to make it up to him, but honestly he didn't want to hear it. He couldn't believe that his own family accused him of killing their friend despite it wasn't true. It hurt him to the very core that his cousin thought that of him. He just wanted some space to think everything through and how he could clear his name of any accusation.

Sunwoo sighed as he set down his pencil. Homework was nearly impossible to do since his thoughts were only on one thing. He needed to clear his name and find out who his best friend was. It angered Sunwoo that he couldn't remember his best friend or his name. More importantly Sunwoo wanted to catch his killer.

Sunwoo closes his book resting his head on his arms. He tried willing his thoughts away, but his thoughts were a jumbled mess. For once Sunwoo just wanted his mind to be blank. Sunwoo stands up and exits his bedroom. As he closes his door he is met with Kevin who was walking by.

"I know you don't want to hear from me, but dinner is ready. Mom ordered some korean bbq". Kevin said returning a sad smile. Sunwoo nodded before following Kevin into the kitchen.

As they set foot into the kitchen, Sunwoo could see a mixture of meat dishes on the table. "What's the occasion mom ordering different meat? Are we having company?" Kevin asks as he looks at the extra place matts.

"Yes, we are having company tonight. You both will be meeting a boy about your age who lives in the same apartment as us. So please make him feel welcomed. His mother works where I work, so we thought you guys could meet up. They should be here any minute". She said as she sat down yet another plate. Sunwoo was curious as to who the boy could be.

Seeing as the boys were really quiet, she looks up observing the two noticing that they were ignoring each other. Clearly something was up with those two, but she wasn't sure what exactly. She puts her hand on her hip with a heavy sigh. "Is there something going on between you two? You're both oddly quiet and I seen you ignoring each other. We have guests coming over any minute now, so try not to cause any issues. Can you both try to resolve your issues and make up. I don't know what it is, but I hope it doesn't ruin your bond". Concern laced her tone as she glanced at the boys who were standing awkwardly by each other.

Sunwoo glances over at Kevin before shaking his head. "I'll do my best to not let it show when they arrive". Sunwoo nodded in agreement. Kevin's mom glances at her son waiting for a reply. He just blankly stared ahead. Sunwoo nudges him in the side causing him to stumble. Quickly Kevin snaps out of his dazed state. "Yes, I will do my best as well". Kevin replies.

"I hope you both can sort everything out amongst yourselves and make up. I don't want to intervene on what is going on. I will gladly offer assistance if you wish me to. But I want you both to get along for once. Ever since the accident neither of you been the same towards each other. You're both family and need to rely on each other rather than tear each other down". She hated seeing them fighting. When they did it took them a while to make up.

"We'll work on it mom don't worry. We're just going through a difficult time at the moment". Kevin reassured his mom. She nodded before setting a pitcher of water on the table. "Don't forget to be yourselves when they get here". She told them once again. Both Kevin and Sunwoo nodded.

No longer that she had finished setting the table the doorbell went off. She smiled before looking at the table. "You both can go ahead and sit. I will be right back".

They watched as she made her way towards the front door and was greeted by two people. One was a young man and the other was a middle aged woman. As soon as the young man turned around Sunwoo froze up. Fear gripped his whole being seeing the young man who turned around and smiled as he greeted them.