Chapter Two: The Argument

Sunwoo sighed getting frustrated at himself. "Because I am trying to protect you. And everyone that I care for". Sunwoo blurted out taking Q by surprise. In all their years of friendship Sunwoo was never the one to lose his cool. "Its what I am good at. I push people away when things get too hard to bare. It's better to hold people at arms length distance rather than by your side. Then people can't hurt you". Sunwoo revealed.

Q couldn't believe the words that he was hearing spilling from his friends mouth. It was like Sunwoo was a completely different person.

"You do realize that you're hurting the people closest to you. Do you really believe the words that you are saying right now? You do realize that you are wedging a barrier between the people that care about you. And protect me from what? I can protect myself. It's you that is hiding something from everyone. Soon you will realize who your true friends are and the ones who aren't. True  friends will stick by your side through thick and thin. And you never have to burden this alone. You can ask for help you know? It's not a sign of weakness". Q wanted to help his friend, but at the same time it was becoming more difficult when he refused any help at all.

Sunwoo remains quiet only feeling the pain in his head taking over. He never knew that his friend felt that away let alone that he was putting a barrier between him and the ones he cared about.

"It was never my intention to put up a barrier between the people I care about. And  I will try and work on that. But for the time being I just need you to trust me that I will handle this on my own. You don't need to get involved nor get yourself  injured. I'll handle it. Just pretend this didn't happen". Sunwoo told the truth.

Q suddenly stood up abruptly startling Sunwoo. "How can I pretend that everything is okay when it isn't? I am not going to watch you bleed on the floor every time something happens. I can't keep patching you up, whenever you get hurt. But if you want it to be that way then it can be arranged. Just don't come crying to me when everything is falling apart. You aren't the only one Sunwoo who is dealing with issues". Q turns on his heels before exiting the auditorium leaving Sunwoo speechless.

Sunwoo stares down at the floor tears threatening to spill. It wasn't his intention for things to turn out like this. He was doing it to protect his friend from harms way. Not to end their friendship. 

A sudden burst of cold air rushes over Sunwoo. Sunwoo stands up to chase after Q, but is quickly cut off by the transparent silhouette, which causes him to fall to the floor. Sunwoo looks up startled.

The figure looms over Sunwoo, but Sunwoo can't make out the facial features. His transparent white glow was too blinding, but all that Sunwoo could make out was the school's uniform. It looked a lot like their high school uniform with red and gold accents. He shields his eyes due to the bright  vibrant glow. Sunwoo's heart rate begins to quicken  as the figure holds out a pasty white hand.

The figures white transparent hand nearly reaches  Sunwoo's head, but abruptly stops himself.

Sunwoo, suddenly feels like his energy  is being sucked out of him the closer the figure comes. He eyes the transparent figure as it looms over him feeling his energy radiate off of the individual. But Sunwoo is too scared to move. He was frozen in place. The door to the auditorium bursts  open causing the transparent figure to turn around. Once again the figure looks to Sunwoo before dissipating  into a white mist before Sunwoo's eyes.

Suddenly, Sunwoo can feel himself falling towards the floor and to the sound of someone's panicked voice. Sunwoo sees a blurry  dark figure racing towards him before everything goes dark.

. . .

Kevin swings open the auditorium door and watches in horror as his cousin crumples to the ground. "Sunwoo!" Sheer panic gripped his heart as he just witnessed his cousin pass out. Kevin kneels beside Sunwoo gripping onto his shoulders before carefully setting him onto his lap.

Sunwoo's head lolls to the side as Kevin adjusts his head on his lap to make him more comfortable. Concern courses through him as Sunwoo was cold to the touch. Yet, a thin sheen layer of sweat was forming along his forehead. Kevin raises up the sleeve of Sunwoo's uniform and checks for a pulse.

"Sunwoo, wake up. Please wake up". Kevin whispered despite he knew that Sunwoo couldn't hear him.

Relief flooded through Kevin as he felt a strong steady pulse strumming underneath his fingertips. He slid his sleeve down and very carefully picked Sunwoo up and scooped him into his arms. Sunwoo lies limply into Kevin's arms as he headed for the infirmary.

Feeling a little less relieved Kevin knew that Sunwoo had just fainted, but still wondered why. Sunwoo was completely all alone at the time he found him. But couldn't figure out what had startled him so badly.

Kevin enters the infirmary to which the nurse had looked startled. She eyes the unconscious boy before rushing over to them. "Follow me". She demanded to which Kevin followed.

The nurse pulls back a curtain revealing an open bay. Kevin lies Sunwoo gently onto the bed before elevating his legs.

"Sunwoo just fainted, but thought he should still be checked out". Kevin told the nurse. She nodded examining the teenage boy. Kevin watched on nervously as the nurse listened to his heartbeat. She took off her stethoscope before putting it around her neck. As she faced the young boy she could read just how worried he was.

"His heart rate and pulse is normal, which is good. His body temperature is a bit cold, but that should become normal once he is awake. He should wake up here shortly. I don't see any other serious issues, but could have passed out due to exhaustion. When he awakens let me know". The nurse reassured Kevin.

The nurse was about to walk away, when Kevin lightly tugs on her sweater. She turns around with a puzzled expression.

"Can I stay with Sunwoo, until he wakes up?" Kevin asked. He didn't want to leave Sunwoo all by himself after his ordeal. "Sure, just don't disturb the others. And if you need anything come and get me". She spoke before leaving the room.

Kevin sighed before closing the white curtain. Kevin grabbed a hold of the sheet and brought the blanket up to Sunwoo's chest, hoping to get him warmed up. He tucked Sunwoo's hands under the covers hoping to keep them warm. Kevin could hear him shivering still. Kevin took a seat by the bed examining his cousin with his eyes.

Very faint bruises could be seen along his neck which angered Kevin to the core. He had wondered who would do such a thing to hurt Sunwoo. Sunwoo had never done or said anything bad about anyone in his life. He wanted to protect Sunwoo but wasn't sure how when he didn't know who was doing this. Sunwoo always kept a sealed lip about everything in his life.

"Who did this to you?" Kevin whispered worriedly stroking hair out of Sunwoo's face. Even to the touch he was still oddly cold. Despite still wearing his mask, Sunwoo was still pallid looking. Dark circles had appeared under Sunwoo's eyes, noticeably against his unusual pale skin.

Many questions ran through Kevin's mind, but no answers could be found. Only Sunwoo had the answers, but he wasn't willing to reveal them. It had to be on Sunwoo's terms. And he could barely wait a minute longer.

"I will protect you Sunwoo. I just wish you would tell me who is doing this to you. So you didn't have to burden this yourself". Kevin whispered.

Kevin sighed before leaning his head on the bed. He could feel his thoughts become more and more mixed up as he could feel himself dozing off. Kevin slightly opened his eyes checking to see if Sunwoo had awoken yet. But he hadn't. Slowly, Kevin let his eyes slip close before drifting off.